AI Services

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any AI services in the middle Tennessee area? What is the normal charge for such service and what type of prep work must be done before service is administered? Thanks much.

Where are you located in middle Tennessee? There's a lady in Giles county that AI's. She's been doing this for years and is very good. I haven't used her before but know other Longhorn breeders who have and have been pleased. From what I understand she has tanks and if you order semen she will store it for you until time to breed. If you want to send me a private message I will give you her name and phone #. That way you can call her and get all of the information that you need.

Rustler, I am located in Coffee County. Manchester to be exact. Giles county is not really that far. I will pm you.

Hoss, I sent you her information. I'm pretty sure that she does some travel but if you give her a call she can give you her requirements. Good to see another Tennessean on the board-we already have a couple. What kind of cattle are you running?

Rustler, I am glad to be here. I have only a small operation, just getting started. I have some Limo x red angus heifers and Limo steers with some bottle feeder jerseys for the kids. I am still trying to learn and this board has helped me allot.

Find the nearest dairy - they know who is who in the A.I. local business.

Every outfit I have dealt with will store your semen.

We pay 15 bucks for one and 9 bucks for every other animal the tech breeds when s/he arrives. The semen purchase of course is your responsibility.

Bez

Boy your getting off cheap is you are only paying $15 and $9. I was going to have my cows AI'd since I don't really have enough land to carry a bull. They wanted $45.00 plus the price of semen. I was able to get into the AI class at Washington State University this coming semester so I will be doing my own from now on.

Bobg

We pay 15 bucks for one and 9 bucks for every other animal the tech breeds when s/he arrives. The semen purchase of course is your responsibility.

Latest posts