AI School

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
ABS is holding an AI school November 14th through the 16th 5:30-9:30 pm at Springfield, MO.
For information, contact Tom Humle (417)634-3908 or (417)425-8983

cfpinz":2q6f4wc0 said:
Thanks, but that's a little far to drive.

cfpinz

Not for a wanderer like you. You were almost there a couple of weeks ago. Tell you what. I'll find an old junk truck and advertise it on ebay and when you buy it you can come out and get it.

dun

dun":17y2bkft said:
cfpinz":17y2bkft said:
Thanks, but that's a little far to drive.

cfpinz

Not for a wanderer like you. You were almost there a couple of weeks ago. Tell you what. I'll find an old junk truck and advertise it on ebay and when you buy it you can come out and get it.

dun

You've got yourself a deal. :lol: I made the mistake of picking up a few bulletin board type papers out there and have been looking thru them the past few weeks. Man, you guys have all the deals!

cfpinz

Do you want it to be running, or should I just drop it off across from the bus depot?

Surprise me. Just drop it off at the glass place across from the bus depot. Those guys will know exactly who it is for. :lol: Third time's the charm!

DUN..what's a typical rate of conception for AI? is it typically technique problems or timing issues that thwart conception...i would love to learn to AI, but i'm short armed...

DRB":233gv05f said:
DUN..what's a typical rate of conception for AI? is it typically technique problems or timing issues that thwart conception...i would love to learn to AI, but i'm short armed...

I really think it's more of a heat detection and timing problem, then all others combined. They can all play a part. If you have fairly normal dexterity on your non-master hand you can maipulate the cervix without problems regardless of the arm length.

dun

syncronizing shots...do they work well..of a dozen good cows and a good AI man could I typically expect 60% conception?

DRB":2xqvlcdb said:
syncronizing shots...do they work well..of a dozen good cows and a good AI man could I typically expect 60% conception?

Maybe even more depending on the heat detection and the heat detector.

By time breeding off synch, 60% might be pushing it. I got 100% of 10 heifers that I synched and time bred one year.........but I bred them twice.

is one AI school better than another?? are there more than 1?...Just how do you tell your wife you want to go off for a week and learn how to get a cow pregnant???

dun":3ozx516x said:
ABS is holding an AI school November 14th through the 16th 5:30-9:30 pm at Springfield, MO.
For information, contact Tom Humle (417)634-3908 or (417)425-8983

dun, you should start a mini-AI school. Offer private classes. I get over to your neck of the woods a couple of times a year. I would be willing to pay for some training.

Latest posts