AI School

Help Support CattleToday:

Devin

Reaction score
I was just checking the University of Kentucky College Of Ag website to see if they offered an AI school. They have one within another class, but it appears that it is only two days long. How long are some of the schools that some of you all have attended and what was the cost. I am very interested in learning how to do this, but isn't two days a pretty short course? Also has does anyone of know of any AI schools around the KY, west TN, southern IL area? Thanks alot.
Devin

I plan on using the Select Sires class here in the North West, the cost is $350 for a 4 day class. You might try the Select Sires in your area.

Alan

Devin, if you go to the top of the CT screen, click on "Search" then fill in the "Subject line" with AI or AI Schools, click all posts, then "search" you'll find lots of posts regarding the info that you are looking for.

Katherine

Most classes in my area that are offered by semen suppliers are three days. I finished an AI and preg testing class this fall at Washington State Un. and it was four hours a week for 12 weeks. With AI some people seem to have the touch and get it right away and others it takes a while to thread the rod through the cervix. The class may be enough to get you started and then you can practise on yours.

Bobg

Latest posts