Agro-Terrorism?

Help Support CattleToday:

The Article":34durl0i said:
Pistole told about 1,000 delegates from 21 countries attending the four-day symposium that terrorist groups like al Qaeda have shown interest in U.S. agriculture and could threaten the food supply. He said while there was no "specific communicated threat at this time," the "absence of a communicated threat does not prove the absence of a threat."

Terrorist groups "like" al Qaeda? What does that mean, exactly? Does that mean not al Qaeda, but similar? If so, what does the deputy director of the FBI believe is similar to al Qaeda? Could be anything from Hezbullah to Greenpeace, couldn't it, depending on this guy's personal politics and opinions?

As far as I'm concerned, this is nothing more than a strawman argument that's supposed to make us fearful and compliant with things like NAIS, etc.. He actually makes that pretty clear by saying that there was no "specific communicated threat at this time..."

But, just to keep us all cowering, he follows by saying that the "absence of a communicated threat does not prove the absence of a threat."

In other words, "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

Oooooooooh, I think I just peed myself a little.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Listen.. We gotta wake up, people. We gotta stop allowing ourselves to be forced into fearfulness. We spit in the 9/11 terrorists' eyes when they tried to make us live in fear, so why do we not do the same with this guy? Is it not abundantly clear that fear -- not preparedness -- is his agenda??

After all, if preparedness was really his agenda, wouldn't he have been up front with exaclty who had "shown interest in U.S. agriculture," so that those involved with U.S. agriculture would know what to look out for?

I mean, wouldn't that have made good ol' common sense??

Terrorists of course, use terror-fear as their main weapon in their psycological war. When we can be convinced especially by our own leaders that there is "a terrorist behind every bush".
Then they will have won a major victory in intimidating those they oppose with the minimum of effort on their part!
Diseases such as Anthrax are cited as being the type of biological attack we can expect,what opinions do you have as to livestock vaccinations being sufficient protection in such a scenario? During the war in Rhodesia,an Anthrax outbreak (natural, not due to military action) was contained due to all commercial cattle being routiely vaccinated, the only livestock affected were Tribal cattle in areas in which the Veterinary Services had been unable to vaccinate due to the war activity.
The choice is ours as to whether we choose to live in fear of attack on every aspect of our lives from our transport system to our drinking water, the list of 'potential' targets is endless.

Agreed..

I forgot to mention how hard I laughed when the article brought up the spinach/e.coli thing.. I kinda thought to myself, 'Does anybody really believe that they'd switch strategies from blowing up planes and buildings to tainting spinach with e.coli, or something even remotely similar??!?'

Then it kinda hit me that, yeah, some people would believe that... :(

Latest posts