Age of America

Help Support CattleToday:

This is no surprise to me. We are more concerned about the rights and privileges of parasites and animals than we are of the few remaining mules that carry the load. When we have more people working for the government than we do in manufacturing this should have given someone a hint of what was to come. Some say there is still hope .... I don't think so. Everybody wants something for nothing.

There's 5 times more people in China than the U.S. so it stands to reason they would have a bigger economy. Just another statistic.

India has a pile too and they have a huge economy. Per capita, I think we are still the most productive. There a lot to be said for that especially given the fact there are so many riding on the backs of those that work.

Some of it may be greed. Some of it may be lazy folks. Don't understand lazy fat people paying money to join fitness centers. Why don't they mow the yard instead of hiring it done?

Our ancestors were innovative. Some of the ideas they patented still amaze me. We are letting it all go elsewhere.

By the way, I have already been to Wal-Mart 4 times this year. Just doing my part to help support that Chinese economy! :mad:

backhoeboogie":1d3nmwo1 said:
By the way, I have already been to Wal-Mart 4 times this year. Just doing my part to help support that Chinese economy! :mad:

Wal-Mart employs 1.4 million Americans. They appreciate your patronage.

Jogeephus":t4ibe9pv said:
India has a pile too and they have a huge economy. Per capita, I think we are still the most productive. There a lot to be said for that especially given the fact there are so many riding on the backs of those that work.
And best paid. Average salary in China is around $160 a month....if you have the credentials you can make as much as $400 a month. Hard to compete with their cost of operations.

If you were a company why would you want to operate in America, we have regulated all of our manufacturing jobs overseas by a dictatorship called the EPA. Your president recently put 80,000 Americans out of work in the oil industry to turn right around and promise billions to Brazil to drill off their coast. China is drilling off Cuba while we stick our thumb up our ass. These are good paying jobs for Americans. We haven't built a new refinery in the USA since 1974 ever wonder why? There dam sure a lot more cars on the road today than in the 70's. Several companies are building in China, India, Russia not the U.S. Russia is drilling a few miles from ANWAR again we have our thumb up our butt.
It is not just cheap labor but the enviroment the companies have to operate under here. A dollar on every gallon of gasoline is due to the EPA and taxes today. My question is when did we have an election for EPA officals that mandate laws and tax us without representation.

"Heard" that we also just loaned Columbia $5 billion to build a new refinery. How long since a refinery was even allowed to upgrade in the US, let alone build a new one.

TexasBred":2bkb1rex said:
"Heard" that we also just loaned Columbia $5 billion to build a new refinery. How long since a refinery was even allowed to upgrade in the US, let alone build a new one.

Currently upgrading the Motiva(Shell) in Port Arthur owned by the Royal Dutch. I know of several other expansions turned down by EPA and not in my back yard . We all want cheap energy but are not willing to build the Hydroelectric dams Nuclear Power, Coal and we have the technology to convert it to gasoline and have had it for years. The biggest joke is Hydrogen and natural gas and ethanol powered vehicles. All of these energy sources produce American jobs.

Nuclear was about to go big time with the nu build incentives. Haven't built plants for 30 years here. Imagine the jobs that would have been created. COLA was the best thing for the industry since it started. Now everything is stifled. IF (a huge if) you get approved by the current administration there have been tons of strings attached. Union labor is the one that got some. You can't build these in the city and there are not 6500 union laborers in the small town out in the sticks.

Maybe a rebirth in a couple of years.

ga.prime":3o7m0bwb said:
There's 5 times more people in China than the U.S. so it stands to reason they would have a bigger economy. Just another statistic.
China is also exploiting the natural resources of most African countries, they help keep their subservient dictators in power by using their power of veto in the UN security council to prevent any meaningfull action against them. With the cheapest raw materials available (mostly traded for with arms shipments) and exploiting the workers in those countries with lower wages than the (already low) averages paid in those failed states, and working them in conditions far below the accepted minimum standards of even third world countries.

China also has 6 fighting age men to our one. In a ground war they could kick our tails. But then it wouldn't just be a ground war. It would be mutually assured destruction. What choice does china have but to kick our tails economically? With the help of our government they are doing a dang good job of it too. This is a situation our politicians and entitlement groups have allowed to happen for the last 40 years or better. Its just now coming to a head and I seriously doubt we are done seeing the worst of it yet. This not something that just suddenly happened. It has been planned all along

VanC":1ebi6205 said:
backhoeboogie":1ebi6205 said:

Wal-Mart employs 1.4 million Americans. They appreciate your patronage.

VanC, with all due respect, I don't think it is a matter of how many they employ but rather how many they caused to lose employment or to take lessor employment. Once they came to town, most all of the maw and paw businesses closed. Now everything they sell is from outside of the country.

We can discuss the pros and cons of WalMart til the second coming without coming to an agreement as they seem to have both the best and the worst of what a fellow would want in a company. Efficiency, planning, very forward looking, motivation, innovation and purpose. If I remember right Old Sam started on in a little "nothing" country store and grew from there. Same type stores that don't make it with poor management or competition these days. They talk about how it use to be rather than what can we do to survive past today. Hard to knock somebody for doing things better than anybody else. One thing that does stick in my mind that only they seemed to recognize before anyone else was the value and the power of the information technology hidden in the bar code. Everything about WalMart revolves around the bar code and they work it to the highest degree of efficiency. That being said....hel I can't remember the last time I or my wife was in a WalMart or a Target store, although I do enjoy going to Lowe's and Home Depot.

I hear the same story about Sam Walton killing every little town. It is true, but it was competion and everyone welcomed it. If you use a Walton facality you helped. I lived on the other end of the block from Sam Walton when he owned only one 5 and 10 store. If it wasn't for him, JB hunt and Tyson my part of the world would not have been the # 1 in growth until the river of money dried up. In this area we are better than most because of the above. If you had liver here before and now everytime you see a JB Hunt truck or wal-mart store and a dirty old tyson chicken facality you will take off your new cap they gave you and thank them, that you don't live down the old muddie road under the blackjacks and sage grass with ten cows on 300 acres.

Latest posts