ag exemption

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
heard rumors that the irs is really going to crack down on hobby farmers/ranchers.
meaning if you work a job and part time farm/ranch, farming/ranching is just a hobby.
how long will it be before property taxes get too high to be property owners ?

Just wait, if you think it was bad before, watch what they are about to do, they have to recover all these billions some how. Get ready, it's gonna get ugly! :help:

In that article, I wonder how much money (losses) we're talking about. I have heard rumors of farmers and ranchers that under-report incomes by hundreds of thousands dollars and thus have farm/ranch losses each year.

I don't understand why the IRS doesn't audit the thousands of healthy consumers of tax dollars who are sitting on their t-hineys fit as fiddle drawing some form of disability or social security check. Seems to me if they would pull the teet out of these people's mouths they would gain more than picking on someone who is actually trying to make a living. JMO

running cattle aint no hobby i dont care who you are.it doesnt matter if your fulltime or part time running cattle.its still backbreaking hard work.ive been doing this all my life.an ill keep doing it till they put me in the ground.

bigbull338":3fbmwijx said:
running cattle aint no hobby i dont care who you are.it doesnt matter if your fulltime or part time running cattle.its still backbreaking hard work.ive been doing this all my life.an ill keep doing it till they put me in the ground.

Ahh, heck man. We all know you and Jogeephus are headed to the Carribean on a boat the size of the Queen Mary just as soon as the dispersion sale ends. Margaritaville, if you will. I think this vid sums it up pretty well. (caution: the vid contains rap by white boys, and incessant profanity. May not be suitable for the humorless)

Y'all will be less confused if I actually post the link. [youtube]R7yfISlGLNU&hl[/youtube]

vaccs are fun.but your forgetting im a broke retired dairymen.an you forgot that if joegee an i was on a boat going to the islands crowder would be with us.

bigbull338":e37gmd7k said:
vaccs are fun.but your forgetting im a broke retired dairymen.an you forgot that if joegee an i was on a boat going to the islands crowder would be with us.

I'm not thinking vacation, I thinking a pilgramage just as my ancestors did to leave behind oppressive taxation. So bigbull we won't need much money. We can just cash in our chips in gold on or about Jan 2 and let the g-man just try to find us. I've selected several possible destinations. Some have plenty of native stuff to eat. Some of it will even make you forget any pains or ailments. Fishing is good. Weather is good. I'm really thinking about doing it. Even went so far as to look at a blow boat or two. :nod: Can't exactly give away my selected destination but this one location was in the top 3.

http://www.galenfrysinger.com/fatu_hiva_marquesas.htm

http://images.google.com/images?sourcei ... 4&ct=title

Jogeephus":119bxhwt said:
bigbull338":119bxhwt said:

I'm not thinking vacation, I thinking a pilgramage just as my ancestors did to leave behind oppressive taxation. So bigbull we won't need much money. We can just cash in our chips in gold on or about Jan 2 and let the g-man just try to find us. I've selected several possible destinations. Some have plenty of native stuff to eat. Some of it will even make you forget any pains or ailments. Fishing is good. Weather is good. I'm really thinking about doing it. Even went so far as to look at a blow boat or two. :nod: Can't exactly give away my selected destination but this one location was in the top 3.

http://www.galenfrysinger.com/fatu_hiva_marquesas.htm

http://images.google.com/images?sourcei ... 4&ct=title
Wonder where the g-man stays when he isn't g-ing. My luck it would be next door to me, where ever I were. :p

J, how you going to get the QEII drug up behind your island dwelling. Attatching the outriggers might be a bit of a chore too. :shock:

Jogeephus":2hgnjoja said:
I don't understand why the IRS doesn't audit the thousands of healthy consumers of tax dollars who are sitting on their t-hineys fit as fiddle drawing some form of disability or social security check. Seems to me if they would pull the teet out of these people's mouths they would gain more than picking on someone who is actually trying to make a living. JMO

Let's just do free drug/alcohol testing on all of them. Including congress.....

grannysoo":n3fnws7v said:
Jogeephus":n3fnws7v said:

Let's just do free drug/alcohol testing on all of them. Including congress.....

Yeah and we can get the school teachers and college professors while we're at it.

Larry

Latest posts