advice for dealing with idiocy

Help Support CattleToday:

regolith

Reaction score
Farm owner turned up at the end of milking with a final demand and disconnection notice for my house... from an electricity company I've never had an account with and who have never sent me an invoice.

I doubt they've got the right to disconnect a property supplied by a different company, and when they sent a 'dear occupier' disconnection notice last September I couldn't get through on the phone and sent it back to them with my name, contact details and an explanation.

What do you think - should I try and contact them again? Or just make a valiant attempt to eat all the food in my freezer in case they do pull the plug.

I doubt you can get it all et by yourself in time. But out of the kindness of my heart I'll help you out. Overnight me a round trip plane ticket and I'll stay a couple weeks and help you out. I'll even do my share of the milking as long as it don't interfere to much with my sight seeing. :cowboy:

sounds like a plan iso. Bring boots and overalls and waterproofs - it's wet out there.

It neve ceases to amaze me how much time we (we meaning my wife and I but in reality it's just her :D ) spend dealing with complete idiots that are just causing problems to justify their own existance. I recieved a few bills from a water district that I don't own property in anymore and every stinking time it happened we(she :D ) spent hours on the phone trying to convince the idiots that we don't own that property anymore. We would have just walked away but then the poor guy who bought the stuff from us would get his water cut off. :bang: He was begging them to send him the bill and we were telling them it wasn't our bill and it still took forever to get cleared up.

I don't think Isom can handle this situation on his own. So, being the good samaritan that I am, I'll tag along with him. I'm sure you could get a package deal on 2 round trip tickets. Oh, and I do know how to milk, but not with those fancy machines. Got my overalls and rubbers sitting by the door. Awaiting your call :tiphat:

You two seriously don't know what you're volunteering for :D
mud1.jpg

I'll pick you both up from the airport tomorrow morning. Then it's back to check feet... counted ten new lame cows through the shed last night after the weekend's rain. Home for some lunch then you can head off for your sightseeing while I tackle the effluent sump... I'll leave evening milking for you, ten pm start.

Y'all got beer there don't ya? I think we will be just fine. Now how big is this freezer we need to empty? 8) :lol:

Latest posts