Adoption

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
We have had a few families in the area adopt children from overseas and I was wondering why they would do that and not adopt a child in the USA. Don't know anything about adoption but I can't see why with so many children in the US that could use a good home, why someone would go across the globe to adopt a child. Is it that difficult to do in the US or what?

It is difficult to adopt in the US. So much red tape, then birth mothers changing their minds years after giving up the child. I also know families who have adopted children from overseas.

chippie":2l2els3v said:
It is difficult to adopt in the US. So much red tape, then birth mothers changing their minds years after giving up the child. I also know families who have adopted children from overseas.
This is my understanding as well, right or wrong I can't say.

Larry

Jogeephus":3tsdw5jk said:
We have had a few families in the area adopt children from overseas and I was wondering why they would do that and not adopt a child in the USA. Don't know anything about adoption but I can't see why with so many children in the US that could use a good home, why someone would go across the globe to adopt a child. Is it that difficult to do in the US or what?

Yep its very hard to adopt kids from the U.S. My cousin that wanted to adopt had to do a private adoption....and it cost her a crazy amount. I have a friend out here that was adopting a nephew from out of state, its almost the 2 year mark now and its still not permanent even though the biological mom died. Took over a year to even get custody of him.

One of my teachers from High School tried to adopt their in laws foster child. They were denied for a stupid reasons, even though they also went through all of classes and stuff to become foster parents. I've also known people that were denied the ability to adopt their own foster kids (and not because biological parents). Personally I don't get how you can be a kids foster parent (if there are no biological family issues) and not be able to adopt the child(ren).

Many years ago my wife and I tried to adopt. We were told that by the time the adoption would take place that we would be too old.

dun":2ugllzo6 said:
Many years ago my wife and I tried to adopt. We were told that by the time the adoption would take place that we would be too old.
I have a 16 year old girl that I will personally drop off on your door step.
She will be a real asset to you as she already knows all there is to know.

angie":13r5vvt0 said:
dun":13r5vvt0 said:

Angie, I think that is typical with most teenagers, I know it was with mine. When you get government sponsored "Human Services" involved with anything it is a royal headache. They have too many people like your 16 year old that are 20 to 65.

angie":l992ncmi said:
dun":l992ncmi said:
No thank's Angie, we already raised three girls like that. There now in their fourties but all turned out okay.

angie":36d366z5 said:
dun":36d366z5 said:

You can send her here Angie she will fit in with the rest of the peanut gallery . ;-)

We looked into adoption a few years ago , it was the same price as doing IVF twice and still not guaranteed as the parents had a year to change their minds and you would not be refunded your money as it was said to go to counselling for the parent(s) ,all legal fees and home inspections of the adoptive couple . We could have gone abroad as it was cheaper and we would have had an infant within the year, but had zero interest in doing that. If we adopted a special needs (fas/crack baby) older native child it was almost cost free to us and placement was guaranteed asap . We were just not the right fit for that option .

kerley":1g4i2y92 said:
No thank's Angie, we already raised three girls like that. There now in their fourties but all turned out okay.
Glad to hear it Kerley, and I have faith that she'll get it figured out! :lol2: I actually like her, and she keeps me on my toes, but she is more than a little bit of spit and vinegar.

angie":2sjjflo3 said:
dun":2sjjflo3 said:

they all lose their mind at that age. I have a 19 yr old son thats fixing to be homeless(and walking) if he doesnt figure out his attitude

chippie":yulvxzuk said:

Thats what I have heard too

angie":2yp27kax said:
kerley":2yp27kax said:
Glad to hear it Kerley, and I have faith that she'll get it figured out! :lol2: I actually like her, and she keeps me on my toes, but she is more than a little bit of spit and vinegar.
Angie, when you correct her does she scream "Child Abuse?".

kerley":2dzuxxdn said:
Angie, when you correct her does she scream "Child Abuse?".
No. She has older siblings and has learned through their example how well that kind of stuff works.

Unless you personally know someone having a child that they would like to give up for adoption, it is almost impossible to adopt here in the states. Few are actually put through adoption agencies. It can cost as much as $35,000 to adopt here. Over seas children aren't really much cheaper. As if you could put a price on something like that.

My wife and I looked in to adoption. We were married for 10 years before we had children of our own. The struggle to have children is very emotionally draining. Couple that with trying to adopt, ands its overwhelming. My heart goes out to anyone fighting either battle.

Also, if your a military family adoption through the state is next to impossible. Considered an unstable environment.

A good friend of mine and his wife adopted 2 kids from Russia as babies. I've known them for 10 years. They're teens now. My daughter actually dated the son for a short while. Anyway, from what I was told the red tape is almost as bad over seas, but the cost is far less and the time is quicker
As for teen girls, I've got a 17 yo daughter that is lucky to not be on the streets right now. So glad we only had one daughter

I married a woman with 5 kids. When she ran off and left me and the kids, well the kids adoped me. No red tape. No paper work. But it sure wasn't cheap.

I am seriously condidering putting myself up for adoption.
I understand that today parents give kids free room and board, a car, and all the spending money they want. Oh, the kids don't have to work either.

I am in my second childhood (I missed the first one) and I'm sure I would make a loving home even better.
Since I am putting myself up for adoption I think we can dispense with all the paper work.
I shouldn't be any trouble. No loud music since I will sleep to at least noon and be gone nights.

If interested contact~ Ryder~ via pm.

If you can keep up with me Ill adopt you Ryder. There might be some reptiles involved now and again

Latest posts