? About panels

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
Looking for some panels and and a couple of bow gates to set up with my chute. I have seen CB Farm and Outdoors stuff advertised on Craigslist. The pics look decent and the prices look good. Anybody from the SW Virginia area used them or seen them up close? Really would love to have some WW stuff but I am having a hard time finding a dealer and it is pretty pricey although top quality. Some of these will be sort of crowding pens so I need some good quality. Tanks

I never seen there stuff in person. SS in Abington sells C&W pannels I think they are based out of KY. They make some nice pannels. I can get you some more info if your interested.

Thanks for the feedback. Have a few sort of custom panels I want built and had hoped to deal with a relatively local company. I will check out C&W panels and also see if the local co-op can get me some WW.

Thanks for the feedback. Have a few sort of custom panels I want built and had hoped to deal with a relatively local company. I will check out C&W panels and also see if the local co-op can get me some WW.
C&W will custom build anything you need

I can only suggest buying the most heavy duty panels and gates you can afford, and then spend a little more on the next best panel. Heavy duty panels with strong vertical stays and welds made with heavy gauge high tensile steel. You can always go cheaper ... but you will pay for it in the long run when you're replacing lightweight panels and gates the cows mangled.

When it comes to "panels", it always becomes a balancing act between strength (which usually translates into # of iron and $$$$), and weight (too durned heavy to handle). I've seen plenty of lightweight, easy to handle panels rolled into a mangled mess though, which makes me quite a bit more willing to have to wrestle with a heavier, more unwieldy, but more durable panel. When that one panel let's go, the corral tears apart, the failing component is laying there on the ground in a broken heap, AND you lose the whole bunch in the middle of a cattle handling job, you learn pretty quickly where you should have spent a few more dollars.

Probably worth it to get the good ones just to safeguard your "religion" alone!

Latest posts