abortion

Help Support CattleToday:

code3911

Reaction score
I have a cow that is 4-5 months pregnant by a stray bull. We need to get her A.I. What kind of medicine can I give her to ensure a safe and defient abortion?

you don't understand - we are breeding for our show season. We missed her last year for the show season and she is a great cow with lots of potential. I hate to miss her this year!

code3911":3u4ipdh7 said:
you don't understand - we are breeding for our show season. We missed her last year for the show season and she is a great cow with lots of potential. I hate to miss her this year!

Ollie understands completely I think.
It's not smart to abort a 5 month bred. Yo do and you are looking to ruin the cow completely. Do like Ollie said...wait till she calves fix your fences to keep the bull out then AI her for next year. At least if you let her calve you can pay for the semen when you wean it.

I also have to agree with Ollie and Cert.

If she's that good of a cow, have the calf and sell it later; it may be a good calf. Why risk ruining a good cow with her being so far along.

If showing is that important to you, maybe you could find something else to show this year?

I would have to agree with the other posts. I would not abort a 4-5 month old calf, to many risks.