A180

Help Support CattleToday:

jt

Reaction score
anyone have any experience with the antibiotic A180 (danofloxacin mesylate)... may not be a new one, but it is new to me and was wondering how well it worked.

it is supposedly similar to nuflor, ???

thanks

jt

Nuflor works so why change it?? There is not always something better...I know...I didnt answer :)

tapeworm":26lvlfew said:
Nuflor works so why change it?? There is not always something better...I know...I didnt answer :)

i probably should have said it was a substitute and not similar... anyway...i really am not interested in changing, its just that my vet has not had any nuflor in stock much lately and i have had to use something else...

jt

I used A180 all winter with amazing results. I was even more impressed with it than nuflor or any of the other newer meds. It's relatively expensive 219 dollars here for 250 ml but it is worth it. Smaller doses than nuflor and no need to follow up in most cases. If I did follow up I skipped a day in between. Worked good with the dart gun too.
bif

buckaroo_bif":12ggj1r4 said:
I used A180 all winter with amazing results. I was even more impressed with it than nuflor or any of the other newer meds. It's relatively expensive 219 dollars here for 250 ml but it is worth it. Smaller doses than nuflor and no need to follow up in most cases. If I did follow up I skipped a day in between. Worked good with the dart gun too.
bif

thanks, and the bottle i looked at said to follow up in 48 hours with a second dose.

jt

Prefer A180 to Nuflor most of the time. Slightly different in what kind of bug they'll hit. A180 is said to be a little better on some of the pasturellas. Retreat with the A180 at 48 hrs if necessary. Still prefer Micotil for most of the respiratory ailments. Longer lasting (7 days I think) and seems to hit harder for us. The only time Micotil hasn't worked for us was last year on a cow that we later thought might have had anaplasmosis. Retreated with A180 (I think) after a week and cleared it up. A180 seems to work well on abscesses and stuff too, but so does good old cheap pennicillin if you don't mind retreating. Trust your vet or get a new one. He should know this stuff a lot better than us.

Lee

jt":2z9gyb32 said:
buckaroo_bif":2z9gyb32 said:
bif

thanks, and the bottle i looked at said to follow up in 48 hours with a second dose.

jt

i followed up in 48 hours sometimes but i had such good results many time didn't need to!
bif

Latest posts