A Watched Butt . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

artesianspringsfarm

Reaction score
Man, I always laugh at all you guys and gals with decades of experience on me when you get so impatient and concerned for your calving season. Well, here I am swearing that two cows were gonna freshen for the last 8 days. I swear if one gets any more dilated a calf would have to have a death grip on a uterus not to just fall out! Then I figured for sure with the full moon that would be the clincher. No dice! Oh well, I guess I will leave them alone for 4-5 hours. That will probably do the trick.

Sounds like you need some snow to get those suckers out. Or maybe a vacation, they always like to calve while your out of touch for a couple days.

Get all dressed up, make nice dinner plans with your spouse, hire a babysitter. Guaranteed to make it rain, kid gets sick, car breaks, or cows go into labor

We do have snow in the seven day forecast but man I hope it doesnt take that long. Oh, and I hope those weathermen are full of crap too.

Here's our second calf, a smaller bull calf from our lead cow. Excited about this one.

541764_312358328903211_646060631_n_zpsc403f527.jpg~320x480

Latest posts