A question I believe I have the answer to but looking for

Help Support CattleToday:

mncowboy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm good to go but wanted to ask and see if anyone else had a different opinion.
I have a small pasture that contains the "problem children" of the year. Those that calved late and those that lost calves.
The two that lost calves, lost them at birth and the day after birth. Question is, if I have had a bull with them for the past 60 days following delivery, is it safe to say they should be bred if everything has been or is normal with the cow. Both cows are 2006 and 2008 models, great body condition and usually trouble free. For those that ask, the bull is good to go, its the cows that I'd maybe question.
thanks in advance

*Should be*

They should normally start bulling again within 30-40 days, so by 60 they should have a couple of heats in, right around that time. But there's always exceptions, they've let you down once already, watch them closely. If the weather has been extreme, or any feed issues, hard births.. etc that can set em back.

No 2nd guessing. Get a vet in 45 days after you pull the bulls and know for sure. Fat open cows are worth far too much currently to let them sit around on hopes and dreams. Doing so netted me over $3500 last fall on two cows that were in the same predicament and came up open.