A Must read

Help Support CattleToday:

I remember that movement. Participated in the one in my county. Ag product prices were low. Inputs high. Inflation high. Jimmy Carter was president. He was focused on an agreement with Anwar Sadat, the man in Egypt while the ag community was in distress. History repeats itself.

I think he was a participant, or a catylist for the Farm Aid concerts that followed.
Willie Nelson, Neil Young, and lots of others. I was a younger man.

I remember that movement. Participated in the one in my county. Ag product prices were low. Inputs high. Inflation high. Jimmy Carter was president. He was focused on an agreement with Anwar Sadat, the man in Egypt while the ag community was in distress. History repeats itself.
I gave a speech about it in 1976 at our state FFA convention. The Secretary of Agriculture at the time was Earl Butz (don't ask me how I still remember that). But to be clear, the crisis was there long before Carter took office it had been going on for a while just like it is now.

Not making this political, but it is just a fact. I am not saying Carter made it any better, but the problem was there for years before. The farmers are the forgotten constituency always.

Last edited:

Latest posts