A Little Bit Helps

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We finally got 1" of rain late yesterday afternoon and right now I am crossing my fingers that the sun doesn't come out and evaporate it back up. The storms have been all around us for the last three weeks, but they go to the east or the west of us. We get to see the clouds, lightening and listen to the thunder, which is all exciting, mostly when you think it is going to come right over the top of your place. I think we are going to lose the hay field around the house. I wish that I could not see the *&*!%* field.

I hope everyone else gets the rain that they need.
Chuckie

Sounds just like our weather. A lot of pop up thunderstorms. One place gets and inch and a half and half a mile down the road they get nothing. Lots of thunder and wind and it cools off a little but not much else and nothing really good in the 7 day forecast.

Got 3/10ths Monday afternoon. Would be nice to get 3 more inches. Had a water leak running water down the hill last week. This week their is a real nice green stripe in the pasture. Still a he77 of lot better off than we were last year at this time.

The next field line I put down, it is going through the middle of the pasture, and I am going to make it extra long too! If I had surrounding neighbors, I would tell them to go ahead and put their field line out across there too. :) Now that is called irrigation from "down under!"
Chuckie

Latest posts