A happy day

Help Support CattleToday:

Darhawk

Reaction score
Been having one hay of a time finding a dependable ferrier. Seems they either don't show up or show up once, do a poor job, and never return. Well, at the Co-op Ranch & Feed Store yesterday, I mentioned my consternation over this situation to folks, and lo-n-behold, a real live ferrier is there at the moment. We talked and he's was to work here'bouts today, but had a full schedule, though he pomised to call to let me know if he could fit me in. He called, was able to fit me in, showed up when he said, did a great job. I'm happy, horse's happy, and I'm on the calendar six weeks down the road. See, miracles do happen. :clap: :cboy:

There is such a place as a CoOp Ranch and Feed Store? Sounds like heaven on Earth! Any way, that is the main reason I learned how to do farrier work myself. Our previous farrier was so unreliable, couldn't get a hold of him, had an apprentice almost cripple one of our horses, and the last time he came he got mad at my mare who was a yearling at the time and he whomped her in the ribs with the handle of his nippers. I didn't say anything, but when he was finished with all of them, I told him not to worry about coming back. I don't think he believed me because he'd been doing my wifes horses for years before we met, but he was never called back again. I don't care that she was the 16th horse he did that day, that's what he said, you don't treat a customer's horse like that and expect to get away with it.

Latest posts