donnaIL

Reaction score
NewBorn 5/18
DSCF2148.jpg

Later 8/30

Jr.jpg

Last weekend

DSCF0302.jpg

Know my pic taking needs some improvement but think you can get the picture. donna

Momma must be feeding him well, weight looks just right at 3 months old.

I expect you'll be proud of your return on this calf :nod: .

First picture he was just born within 30 minutes had nursed a little (his momma always has alot of milk)and was looking for a way out. He did manage to get through the hot wire and barbed wire, had to chase him around and sort of push him back into the pasture. He was too heavy for me to carry.
He is just about 5 months old (just shy by a couple days) and I am very happy with the way he looks. I think he will pay for himself and be a good steak in about a year.

A new born calf can consume only so much milk but, as the pictures reveal, he caught up with momma's supply and is now taking full advantage of it ;-) .

certherfbeef":3n06yu2l said:
You should register him as a black hereford :)

screw that, start your own Brown Hereford Association. nice calf Donna.

Donna,,,nice looking calf,,,,,,buttttttttt those post and the corral are in dire need of someone who knows how to set a post for starters....

I know! was a quick job and the ground much wetter than anticipated.. With all the gates & the cows pushing & rubbing on them really pushed them around. Its one of those got to find time to fix it! donna

C HOLLAND":39sbgpfl said:
Donna,,,nice looking calf,,,,,,buttttttttt those post and the corral are in dire need of someone who knows how to set a post for starters....

A nice looking steak. We all do what we can when the time is availble. Personally, I wouldn't have even noticed it, if it hadn't been called to my attention. Cudo's.

Does he still have his nuts? Who is the grey fellow to the right in the Family picture

yes he is still a bull...soon to be steered. this is the first year we have not banded at or near birth..and bought on of those callicrate banders to take care of it. bought a banded bull last year with one of those banders (we are feeding him out) .. it really worked great.

Also CHolland your post motivated me to fix the fence...Had a lot of fence problems with posts rotting at the ground, so I listened to some of the folks here and just set them in stone..not conqrete...pushed them around and dug them out some and queted them. Those 4x6 cca .4 really twist so we did the best we could...some of the oil pipe needed reset..I hope it will stay atleast as good as fixed..next problem is drainage. Picture next.

The grey guy to the right actually looks like a blonde in the summer...he is his brother and is a product of Ankonian Union (Ankony Angus) Reg # 12111867. I expect calves from him in Mar-May.

donna

Cannot get the twist out them, and probably will cut the posts off a little, put some combo panels on the bottom and it will keep them in. This is their winter space with a pasture space to the west and building to east. The fly rub is south. to the north is the new circle chute we built this year will post that soon..and all the poles were creted in. donna

DSCF0316.JPG

Donna, I didn't mean to come off wrong with my comment, it was really not meant to be critical of you in anyway.

I have some fence post to do over also, I have learned what not to do in the last few years. I just wish I had another 50 cedar trees, they do make good post and the price is especially good (FREE)

Latest posts