A few fall calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
We have had an exciting fall calving season so far! Heavy on the bull side, but good quality calves all the way through. I thought I would post some pics...

Has anyone used the SS bull, HPF Optimizer? We did, on a first calf heifer (she will be two in January, but calved last week on her due date). The heifer (cow) is a Steel Force x REN Extra Nice (an embryo we put in a few years ago), and the calf was 50 pounds exactly 12 hours after birth.
68g6rb.jpg

316m621.jpg

This one is an October bull calf. We have never used "clubby" genetics, but our daughter wanted to breed her good Built Right cow to Monopoly. We ended up with a bull calf, and I think he is pretty good!
2urayrt.jpg

szzaqq.jpg

We have also had some nice embryo calves sired by LLSF Uprising, HOC Broker, Dream On (the flush mate to Ron's calf), and Built Right. We still have two cows to calve in December, one a heifer (bred to Uno Mas) and the other an Angus cow bred to Final Cut (Fat Butt). It has been a good year for us!

Look really good! Monopoly be 1/2 blood? If so get him tested to be trait trac clean and let me know. Guys love that deal here

Yes, the Monopoly bull is a half blood. With Built Right on the dam side, he should be a good one. Time will tell.
Ken, that heifer calf was weighed on a True-Test scale, which in calibrated. You can pick her up without effort, and she was carried in our arms from the field to the scale. She is about 10 days old now, and standing next to her 22 month old dam. Maybe that is why she looks big in the picture.

Tomorrow is our big State Association sale in Springfield, hoping for a great day. We have two nice bred heifers and a yearling bull in the sale.

Latest posts