A discrace from New Jersey

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Gov. Christi of New Jersey has ordered the Flag flown at half staff for Gandolfini ( who I had never heard of till he kicked the bucket) what has he ever done to have this honor. IN my opinion being an actor is not a very honorable job these days. This is an insult to all military personal and the people who have honorable served our Country. It seems the majority live for entertainment and have no clue what is happening in the real world. :mad:

Not so many years ago, our heroes used to be cops, judges, servicemen, teachers, and such.
Now the heroes that are looked up to are thugs, music artists who end up dead by violence or drugs, actors who portray violence drugs and sex, often living the roles they portray. People that live the life of excess with no respect. Dads that don't take care of their own kids. Moms that don't either People that not so long ago would have not gotten any respect from respectable people. We live in a bizarro world now. Right is wrong, good is bad, bad is good. Not this guy was a bad guy that i know of but far from a hero.
A true travesty

TennesseeTuxedo":3dcbme1h said:
I always thought a lot of John Wayne.....still do...
Because he was an actor or because he was a good man outside the movie screen?

I don't know enough about John Wayne to say he wasn't a hero in real life. Reagan was. The guy from sapranos, not even close.

I said not an honorable profession these days, I am sure their must be some but I can't think of any offhand. Hollywood has turned very left wing liberal.

TennesseeTuxedo":31gx5uo4 said:
Go to YouTube and find some of Mr. Wayne's recordings about patriotism, God, and country then check back in with me.

JW was an outstanding role model, but he was no hero.

Cowboy43, I'd never heard of this guy either but I had heard of that gangster show but never watched 1 second of it. Christi is an idiot and is a major reason that obummer got reelected as far as I'm concerned. I'll never ever vote for him if he runs for president and I hope his stupid acts like this exposes what he really is.

Deepsouth":3lw8itie said:
Cowboy43, I'd never heard of this guy either but I had heard of that gangster show but never watched 1 second of it. Christi is an idiot and is a major reason that obummer got reelected as far as I'm concerned. I'll never ever vote for him if he runs for president and I hope his stupid acts like this exposes what he really is.

Who will you vote for then. The next moron that the Dems trot out. And don't tell me you won't vote at all cuz that's even more stupid.

look at the current resident of the white house and tell me you wouldn't vote for almost anyone who ran against him. Their next offering won't be any better.

I do not like Christi but i like him a lot more than Hilary or Kerry or Gore and i would vote for him in heartbeat if he is the nominee.

and no I also do not think James Gandolfini was a hero or deserved to have the flag flown at half staff.

3waycross":1wsxtor0 said:
Deepsouth":1wsxtor0 said:

Who will you vote for then. The next moron that the Dems trot out. And don't tell me you won't vote at all cuz that's even more stupid.

look at the current resident of the white house and tell me you wouldn't vote for almost anyone who ran against him. Their next offering won't be any better.

I do not like Christi but i like him a lot more than Hilary or Kerry or Gore and i would vote for him in heartbeat if he is the nominee.

and no I also do not think James Gandolfini was a hero or deserved to have the flag flown at half staff.
Good point.

3waycross":3itsefg7 said:
Deepsouth":3itsefg7 said:

Ok you have a point after all I voted for the last two losers that the republicans put out. I'm just getting tired of voting against a candidate that I don't like instead of for one that I do like. I have never been a third party man but it may be time for one because it's getting to be harder and harder to see a difference in the two main parties, at least on the executive level anyway.