8 year old cow dufod.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
tncattle467":dyhfi3k9 said:
I went out this morning to feed and check the cows and found a balancer cow #64 dead. She was around 8 years old. She was fine yesterday afternoon around 6pm when I checked em last and I found her dead at 7 am this morning. There were not injuries as far as I could tell and she was in good body condition. She was laying on her side. The only abnormal thing that I saw was there was blood but not alot around her butthole. I never really did like this cow anyways and was going to send her to the sale barn next week as we weaned her calf as it is 7 months old. I reckon she culled herself lol. Vet checked her out didnt really find anything wrong either. Chalked it up to the dufod deal and left it at that. Probably the fast acting pnuemonia that sets in when you go from the 50-and 60s to the 30s pretty quick.

If he cut her open couldn't he tell if she had pneumonia ?

I have had Pm's done before and every little crevice is looked into and it still is inconclusive sometimes.

tncattle467":181n5qly said:
He said he didnt see anything really wrong with her at the time. He was going to have to run some tests. I told him not to worry about it as I was already into him for 55 bucks for comin out there. I just thought it might have been fast actin pnuemonia cuz a cow that old dont die from black leg least i have never heard of one. Then again could of just been a dufod. She was always kind of a funny looking cow had weird shaped head and a mullet hair cut.

Well you are in Tennessee ...... :lol:

I think your vet would have known right away if it was BL, no ???????

"Then again could of just been a dufod." I'll bite........what is a dufod? What will you do with this cow ? Thanks in advance.

tncattle467":1hc3cn7c said:
Kingfisher":1hc3cn7c said:
"Then again could of just been a dufod." I'll bite........what is a dufod? What will you do with this cow ? Thanks in advance.

Dufod- Done up and fell over dead.

The cow was lifted up with the front end loader pallett forks and taken to the very back of the farm way out in the woods and dumped on the dead pile.
There'll be bones laying on top o the ground there for 100 years if you never add another. Won't burn for shikoski either. :D

Latest posts