8 week old bull with swollen penis...no joke

Help Support CattleToday:

Dana

Reaction score
Help! I'm taking care of my neighbors young bull while they are on vacation. yesterday I noticed his penis area is quite swollen. I checked this morning and it is still swollen. Could this be an infection? Should I call the vet (it is Sunday and can't get in touch with one yet)? They will be home tomorrow so maybe I will wait unless I hear otherwise here. Thanks for any help. Dana

Dana":17llb6hj said:
Help! I'm taking care of my neighbors young bull while they are on vacation. yesterday I noticed his penis area is quite swollen. I checked this morning and it is still swollen. Could this be an infection? Should I call the vet (it is Sunday and can't get in touch with one yet)? They will be home tomorrow so maybe I will wait unless I hear otherwise here. Thanks for any help. Dana

Could be lot of things got his pecker stepped on a hernia or a cockle burr in the sheath and so on and so on.

If it is a future breeder I would check it out pronto. Really you need to catch the animal and see. Call the vet or do it your self. No joke.

Scotty

It is not a breeder, they just haven't gotten around to castrating yet. I guess I'll have to catch it and check what's going on in there. Is that what good neighbors do? Dana

Hey Caustic, you hit it right on the head. No, not his penis, the hernia. He has a hole the size of a ping pong ball. When you push the intestines up through it, they just fall right back. My neighbors a home and will be calling the vet tomorrow. Dana

Latest posts