6 BSE suspect cows in US ?

Help Support CattleToday:

mwj

Reaction score
Us oficials are looking for 6 dairy cows that were imported from the same herd from the last bse dairy cow in Canada. Do you think they will have any better luck this time around? Just goes to show that there is a need for traceback. These cows were born within 1 year of the bse cow so they very well may have been slaughtered already!!
your friend
Mike

so IF they've been slaughtered, they've been tested, if they couldn't walk in under their own power they weren't slaughtered and aren't of any concern....

Jake
I think the only ones tested are suspect animals. I just wonder if the usda will do a better job of traceback than they did with the Washington cow. Since you have confidance in the cow testing , do you think we can safely open to cattle over 30 months?
your friend
Mike

mwj":37qzhoud said:
Jake
I think the only ones tested are suspect animals. I just wonder if the usda will do a better job of traceback than they did with the Washington cow. Since you have confidance in the cow testing , do you think we can safely open to cattle over 30 months?
your friend
Mike

Mike

The propsal by the U.S.D.A is for cattle under 30 months of age.

I don't think at this point we can safely open to any age. yes it's going to happen, but it is beyond me as to why we'd import beef from a "hot" spot... now again, I am hitting some sore spots with my opinions... remember guys... I'M SIXTEEN, MY OPINION DOESN'T COUNT FOR DIDDLY SQUAT... The traceback system that is in the works now is just plain scary... needs some major work to get underway and to operate correctly. I believe no cattle from Canada not destined for feedlot or slaughter should be allowed into the country PERIOD, regardless of age. If that means keeping the heifers home then so be it... I have no problem feeding Canadian steers myself but if the makings of doing so is going to significantly hurt me or has the chance to significantly hurt me then why take the chance? JMO, not very agreeable for the Canadian members of the board, but you have to take care of your own first... sorry guys, hope you understand that none of my comment come from a lack of respect to your or your fellow Canadians...

frenchie":1t5vcwyb said:
mwj":1t5vcwyb said:
Jake
your friend
Mike

Mike

The propsal by the U.S.D.A is for cattle under 30 months of age.

Frenchie
I am aware of the age limit,my point is that the ones that trust our testing as aposed to yours should welcome those cheap Canadian cattle over 30 months and trust the usda to catch the pos. ones.
your friend
Mike

Jake
Age has nothing to do with it, as we are all in this together!! If they were worried about the heifers being bred, they could spay them like they do the Mexican cattle.
your friend
Mike

Latest posts