Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller

Reaction score
Anybody have thoughts on a springfield 45 gap? I picked one up for 300$ the other day from my uncle. I havent been home to shoot it really. Just a few rounds. He also gave me a few boxes of home defense and a couple boxes target rounds

The way that it didn;t catch on there's a chance the shells are worth more then the gun

Craig Miller":24ckgzw0 said:
Anybody have thoughts on a springfield 45 gap? I picked one up for 300$ the other day from my uncle. I havent been home to shoot it really. Just a few rounds. He also gave me a few boxes of home defense and a couple boxes target rounds

The round was almost obsolete the day it came out.
Not a bad round ballistically, you are just not going to move American's away from a 1911 or the 45 ACP.

A buddy was telling me the same thing. He suggested i trade it for a glock 27. I think ill go to the pawn shop tomorrow and see what they have.

That pawn shop wouldnt even make an offer on it. Lol. He said it would be hard to move even with peiple buying things up. It wasnt too hard cause another fella bought it in the parking lot along with the s&w 40 and s&w 9 he bought in the store. I went back in and bought a taurus 40 cal. I didnt like the feel of the glock.

Craig Miller":10q3z6z2 said:
That pawn shop wouldnt even make an offer on it. Lol. He said it would be hard to move even with peiple buying things up. It wasnt too hard cause another fella bought it in the parking lot along with the s&w 40 and s&w 9 he bought in the store. I went back in and bought a taurus 40 cal. I didnt like the feel of the glock.

Good move on a 40 son shoot's one as well as SIL. Taurus makes a good gun.
I never cared for the feel of a Glock not real crazy about the XD's either.
My little brain is stuck on the 1911 frame 70 series as I can convert it to anything 22 lr, 9mm, 40, 45 and 10mm.
I am alway's shooting the same platform.

I just bought a Glock .40 cal. mod. 23.
I like 1911 best of all, but wanted something smaller, lighter , and more fire power. As much for boss lady as for me. 13+1 I consider a big plus.
Haven't shot it yet. But handling it is strange because I keep feeling for the safety that is not there.
The trigger is atrocious. Got to see what can be done about that.

Ryder":d2i4qang said:
I like 1911 best of all, but wanted something smaller, lighter , and more fire power. As much for boss lady as for me. 13+1 I consider a big plus.
Haven't shot it yet. But handling it is strange because I keep feeling for the safety that is not there.

Ryder if you haven't got whatever is eatin you off by 7 shot's you need a shotgun.

Caustic Burno":pfpzbhs2 said:
Ryder":pfpzbhs2 said:

Ryder if you haven't got whatever is eatin you off by 7 shot's you need a shotgun.
Without going into details it may take more than one per "target" and five or more targets to deal with.
That got me to thinking.
Besides, my gun bearer sort of objects to carrying a full size 1911 in her purse. I tried to tell her that it wouldn't seem so big and heavy if she would take all that other junk out of her purse. That went over like a lead balloon.

Ryder get her a Mac10 and tell her it is the latest fashion for the neighborhood. ;-)
You still have that purse issue though your just going to have to man up there.
PM me on how that man up work's out for you. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts