4 year old Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE

Reaction score
DSCN0029.jpg

What do y"all think of this one? :cboy: :?:

now thats 1 nice bull.ive never seen a murray gray bull before.that bull has alot of muscle an a big thick neck. scott

Thanks, he won't fit in my head gate,neck is too big.He will barely make it down my filson squeeze chute with it adjusted all the way out.He will weigh 1,800 - 2,000 lbs depending on the time of year,he loses some weight during breeding season. I have consistently gotten a 100% calf crop with him since he was a yearling (I bought him when he was 7 months old). He is also very docile,you can walk in the pasture and even the corral and not have to worry about him putting you over the fence. :D :cboy: ;-)

That is one fine looking bull.
When I first saw that pic. I would have sworn that was the bull a friend of ours has. They look almost identical. Our friend's bull is supposedly a "several generation" Charolais-Angus cross, and he too is very calm and easy-going.

Katherine

Nice Bull SF!! I would agree with some of the previous posters...
would like to see a bit more length on him, but definitely a good animal. What's his pedigree?

This is a 2 yr old (feb22 03 birth date) out of that Springer bull. We use him for our heifer bull. He throws about 50 lb calves. We had 20 calves this year and they all slipped right out. The date is wrong.

000_0853.jpg

Those are both nice looking bulls- I'm curious to see a picture of the second bulls dam-- any pictures?

I hope my calf out of my Hereford heifer comes spittin' out too-- seems like forever when you just have one cow. :roll:
She was bred to a MG bull she's due in March.
Saw a nice MG steer at the sales barn, but people around here don't know what they are--- wasn't ready to pick up a steer yet, so didn't get him. Owell, Next time, or will pick up a black baldy or hereford steer soon.- just had our 1st ever Hereford steer butchered a week and a half ago... cutting and wrapping soon.

Sorry for ramblin--

Susie

Yeah Susie, we sold all 20 calves at the sale barn and they wrote down a char X critters. They all turned out a chocolate color from black and red mamas.

J&T Farm":n86qotvk said:
This is a 2 yr old (feb22 03 birth date) out of that Springer bull. We use him for our heifer bull. He throws about 50 lb calves. We had 20 calves this year and they all slipped right out. The date is wrong.

000_0853.jpg

Nice looking bull Josh....I am glad that you are pleased with him! :cboy: ;-)

What kind of bull is he Wilson?

Wilson_Cattle_Company":3fv97clm said:
jesse1.jpg

jesse.jpg

Dad names every animal he looks at :)

This bull is Jessy I feed him from my hand at feeding time real gentle :cboy:

I got ornery and flung some hay on his haid' he dont care...

The Springer Farms bull looks very similar to what we get here in Australia. I don't think I've ever heard of calving problems using a Murray Grey.
One of the comments about the Murray Grey looking like a Charolais/Angus is interesting because there is a belief that they have Charolais in them.
If they do they must not have a lot in them, because of the non calving problems.
We have a neighbour that uses Charolais over good quality Angus cows and they look like MGs. Can't see the sense in that cross sorry. I could see more benefit from using a Brahman or a South Devon.
Colin

Well they dont have Char in them but people think that because of the color. Their actually angus x shorthorn. Shorthorns being the orgin of the silver color. Our herd bull is a black angus because black hided critters are what brings the money around here.

shorthorns come in 3 colours, red roan and white. the white shorthorns were used in the origin on the murray grey. the grey bull needs more length and is too high in the flank therefore too small in the rump. he also looks as though he might be too strong in the shoulders. the silver is long but is really lacking in the backend. he also needs some more condition. without it he looks like a blonde d'aquitane lol

Aussie hes only two and a half and bred 20 heifers, they all calved and he bred them again. He not gonna look like a grain fed bull.

Murrey Gr bull is plenty deep. Would like to see more length in neck, back & rump. May have too much shoulder as other said, but I'm not sure about that. Would like deeper flank. Small, which is typical of the breed. All in all, decent bull.

Charolais has tons of lenth of neck & body, but a little short in the rump. Also would like to see him deeper in the flank. In "working clothes" but appears to have ample muscle (which the breed is known for.) Good clean front end.

Don't know what the 3rd bull is. Appears to have a long neck, reaching for feed. NEVER take a "head on" shot of cattle - looks awful. Big head - no body. I realize you were playing with him, but I know I would never post such an awful shot for the world to see of Macho. Eeeks - talk about a picture worth a thousand words. Anyway, nice that they all have good dispo.

Latest posts