30'k stud in the wrong hands

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know anything about horses. And now I'm wondering how in the heck horses breed in the wild???

ez14. said:
I don't know anything about horses. And now I'm wondering how in the heck horses breed in the wild???
they didn't have a handler jerking them around.. Notice the stud was fixing to rear up, and head jerked by the handler right in the path of a well placed kick..put his lights right out...a lot if studs get kicked from time to time legs, shins, chest..I've seen old studs where their legs had taken some pretty good licks in the past..the mare is usually restrained..he'd been better off if they had turned em loose.let em run together...then that way..like bulls sticks right with em,till the job is done..

Hand breeding horses can be very dangerous. If it'd been a person killed, I wouldn't have been shocked at all. Personally know a man the got his entire arm bitten off, and it couldn't be reattached.

A close friend of mine, had one of the nicest Appaloosa studs I've ever seen. Every foal out of it had a head full of sense. Just get on em and ride off. It was breeding mares when it approached 30 years old. I would have to go help him the last few years. The stud would have to lean on a wall, while mounted on the mare. Craziest thing I've seen in the horse world.

Latest posts