3 week old bull calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Backbone Ranch

Reaction score
This bull calf was the first one born this year. He was 78 pounds at birth and he will be weaned in late October. He is shown below at 3 weeks old.
IMG_1583_zps3f31b4e7.jpg

His mother, OK Precious, is shown at 6 1/2 years old.
12e3bf4c.jpg

His sire, OK Levi, at 3 years old.
7af3b9ee.jpg

OK Levi is currently 4 years old and he is breeding 14 cows.He has gained weight since being put in with the cows in May.

Backbone Ranch what is your photobucket name? You have such good animals that I would like to look at all of them. ;-)

KNERSIE":17xihfmz said:
Levi is one helluva beef bull, cow looks to be very straight hocked.

Hello again Knersie!

Here is a photo of Levi's dam: OK Lotus. I can't remember how old she was in this picture, but she was
getting some age on her:

And I think (but not sure) this is a photo of Lotus and Levi:

It looks like Lotus was holding very good condition with that bull calf still nursing. How old was she when that photo was taken?

This is the bull calf's mother at 6 years old. She had a beautiful heifer last year. Her heifer from last year was the best that we had in the entire calf crop.
IMG_1951_zps40ba8d8c.jpg

What are MG bloodlines of the sire. I'm a fellow MG breeder and like the thickness that I see in your stock!

In his pedigree he has Elation Power, Balmoral Elation (twice), Michaelong Mesa Grandee, Cadella Park Barcoo, Cadella Park Minute Man, and Parknook Pelion. Here is a photo of him as a 4 year old. He is shown after breeding 15 cows.
IMG_1907_zps492be4c4.jpg

Here are three of his heifer calves. The first two are both 75% murray grey and 25% angus. The last one is 100% murray grey. They are all shown at 3 weeks old.
IMG_1734_zpsd86469c0.jpg

IMG_1716_zpsab38fb90.jpg

IMG_1721_zpsf3d97e91.jpg

This is the mother of the 308 heifer calf. She is only 5 years old and her calves hold the same condition that she does. We sold her yearling bull last year and the current owner is using him to breed 10 heifers. He looks as fat as a pig and he only gets grass. By the looks of it he has bred all of the heifers too.
IMG_1860_zps7200ae69.jpg

This bull calf has just turned 6 months old. He is the same bull as the one shown as the 3 week old bull calf. He looks a bit post legged, but I don't see any other flaws in him. His mother, age 8, is shown in the background.
IMG_2924_zps08706fc4.jpg