3 Bulls --> 3 Steers

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Finally got an appointment to get those three bulls done this afternoon. Our vet had built a new working pen system in the back, made of solid iron, and a lot better and more efficient than the old wood ones he had before, and they sure came in handy for those three.

The first animal, the brockle-face one, went in okay, no problems from him but the second one, the herfy cross, he went plumb wild, first because he went with the first bull into the clinic (we were trying to bring them in one at a time), and the vet put him in a pen behind the squeeze that the first bull was in, and I think the smell of blood was doing it that herf.

Put the first into a separate pen, and the herfy bull, bawling and blowing and snorting, sure went into the headgate in an awful big hurry. Dad, he had the job of holding the tail up to stretch the hamstrings so's the vet wouldn't get nailed, and that herf nailed Dad in the knee (no, I think it was just below, I was busy with the other animals I didn't notice), but he's okay.

And last, but certaintly NOT the least, the Limo bull. (I thought he was red angus X but after reading a bit on here I learned otherwise). He was a bit of a pain in the behind to get into the clinic, obviously because he didn't like the blood smell and going into a darker area. But I got him in after giving a good swat on the rump with my sorting whip.

So, anywho, they're done, so now I'm just going to wait for a couple weeks before taking pics of them, to see how they're doing.

IluvABbeef":rqjo5frs said:
Finally got an appointment to get those three bulls done this afternoon. Our vet had built a new working pen system in the back, made of solid iron, and a lot better and more efficient than the old wood ones he had before, and they sure came in handy for those three.

The first animal, the brockle-face one, went in okay, no problems from him but the second one, the herfy cross, he went plumb wild, first because he went with the first bull into the clinic (we were trying to bring them in one at a time), and the vet put him in a pen behind the squeeze that the first bull was in, and I think the smell of blood was doing it that herf.

Put the first into a separate pen, and the herfy bull, bawling and blowing and snorting, sure went into the headgate in an awful big hurry. Dad, he had the job of holding the tail up to stretch the hamstrings so's the vet wouldn't get nailed, and that herf nailed Dad in the knee (no, I think it was just below, I was busy with the other animals I didn't notice), but he's okay.

And last, but certaintly NOT the least, the Limo bull. (I thought he was red angus X but after reading a bit on here I learned otherwise). He was a bit of a pain in the behind to get into the clinic, obviously because he didn't like the blood smell and going into a darker area. But I got him in after giving a good swat on the rump with my sorting whip.

So, anywho, they're done, so now I'm just going to wait for a couple weeks before taking pics of them, to see how they're doing.

I feel for you!! we just got 2 brangus steers, well up until last night they were bulls, anyway i have been without a cow to break for a month and i thought i was going to go plumb crazy. So we have them in the breaking stall.Well smart me figuared i would go in the stall and catch one and see how crazy they were, well let me tell you they are crazy!! they weigh about 550-600pds and as mean as a spitfire!! The black one is not really scared but just mean.... anyway i have decided to do what i should have done in the begining, so they will live in the stall for a few days then we will start breaking them.....Arn't i smart :lol: :lol: i ONLY have both hands kicked and rubbed raw from the halters!! the way i see it is if your gonna work with cows your gonna get hurt a time or too, so i guess it goes with the game...

Latest posts