280 Rem.Ackley Improved

Help Support CattleToday:

curtis

Reaction score
The 280 AI will soon be a factory round. Nosler has submitted all the paper work to Saami. They already have factory brass for sell. This is a great cartridge and should be popular. Their 48 custom rifle is chambered for it.

I had one built several years back and sold it to a friend only after he begged. :lol:

He's got it still and very satisfied.

Amazing how much more efficient it is than the 7MM Rem Mag.

A rumour is going round about the 6MM X 284 being offered in factory models too.

MikeC":3ibc6zch said:
I had one built several years back and sold it to a friend only after he begged. :lol:

A rumour is going round about the 6MM X 284 being offered in factory models too.

Mike, as soon as i get all the parts gathered up i'll send it down to Col. Billy and have him build the 280 AI. Yes, i have heard the same thing about the 6mm x 284.

curtis":38fpjb21 said:
MikeC":38fpjb21 said:

Mike, as soon as i get all the parts gathered up i'll send it down to Col. Billy and have him build the 280 AI. Yes, i have heard the same thing about the 6mm x 284.

As always, Billy will do an excellent job I'm sure.

You gonna do it on a long or short action?

MikeC":25363edw said:
curtis":25363edw said:
MikeC":25363edw said:

As always, Billy will do an excellent job I'm sure.

You gonna do it on a long or short action?

Long action Rem.700, Jewell trigger, Krieger or Hart barrel.
I just got the phone with Billy and he has the reamer.

Latest posts