24D ,,, Maverick question.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
24D Maverick question.

I am spraying chemical throughout the yard and I want total kill but the round up ready canola is coming up as well. Can I mix 24d in with my total kill maverick and spray everything all at once or will there be a chemical reaction between the 2 chemicals ?

I have about 30 liters of total kill still left in my sprayer and I want to save some spray time in between rain .

Thanks.

Mix it, works just fine. Might want to try something other then 2,4-d. Like paraquat or something

hillsdown":2qnywj2o said:
24D Maverick question.

I am spraying chemical throughout the yard and I want total kill but the round up ready canola is coming up as well. Can I mix 24d in with my total kill maverick and spray everything all at once or will there be a chemical reaction between the 2 chemicals ?

I have about 30 liters of total kill still left in my sprayer and I want to save some spray time in between rain .

Thanks.
:shock: You getting rain??? :eek: :D

1982vett":16m4x3wx said:
hillsdown":16m4x3wx said:
24D Maverick question.

Thanks.
:shock: You getting rain??? :eek: :D

Lots of rain Vett. On Wed we got an inch and a half in less than an hour. :shock: That was the worst of the flash storms, so far we have been getting an inch or two every few days. The pasture is back with a vengeance and is recovering very well from the last 08 and 09 with not much rainfall and the seeded fields and hay fileds are looking good. The cows are fat and sassy as well as their calves. I am just trying to get things done as I only have 2 weeks until the outlaws show up from Europe for a month long visit. :roll: So getting the yard tip top as well as the renovations that are being done, the rain is making me scramble,,, but I will take it any day. Sprayed everything with the mixture, made sure to wear a mask and protective gear JIC. Will let you know if it starts dying. ;-)

How about your area Vett, are you catching any of this rainfall that is going around ??

Off to take Nikki to do a little herding practice. She is doing really well for only 7 months old..

Ho

Yeah, we have gotten some but you might as well say it is July and to little to late... None came in a timely manner this spring. Dry March and April then a rain and nothing for several weeks. If you take a look at my updated avatar you can see the last rain storms that passed thru (white area SW to NE). Got 5-15 inches in that area over a two week period. Enough to take us back to an average rainfall but most of it went to the Gulf. At least our area is in good shape compared to the last two years at this time but that isn't much to hang your hat on.

Latest posts