22-24 ton hay donated from MT; need hauled to WA

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
I know just enough about trucking to know that not having a load means no $$. Scobey MT has a load of 22-24 big bales that are donated to the Carlton Complex fires in WA -- it needs to get to either Chelan or Okanogan, WA. If you are in the trucking business, and you know connections, we might be able to get $$ together here for a load from MT to WA, if the MT hauler could find a load back. Please message me or send a smoke signal. So far, almost all relief for this fire is being done grass-roots. Thank you.

melking":32n5w59b said:
I don't own a truck nor live anywhere near but I would be happy to contribute something for fuel, etc.

Melking, thank you. Like I said, some of these efforts are a bit disorganized at present. I've decided to let those who are in touch with the MT people figure that one out. I think some of the best coordination is going to be through the various FFA chapters. A hay grower friend of mine contacted one of the local hay buyer/exporter companies, that has agreed to put together a load of 15-ton (if the buyer/exporter doesn't donate all of it, the grower will pitch in), the local FFA advisor found a driver, and a local fuel company is kicking in the fuel to move it. I'll get on the phone this evening with the local FFA advisor, Steve, and find out just what's cooking around the state. But fuel will be a big deal. I'll LUK what I find out. Again, thanks.

Hook":1kz705sx said:
Kathie, I just wanted to say it's great what you're doing and have done the last few years this has happened. Keep it up
Hook, I am reminded daily now about the post I put up on CTB a during Taylor Bridge Fire a couple years ago. I was so excited to find a big fruit company (Gebbers -- the same family that Dave spoke about that lost 200+ head of cattle in this new fire), that agreed to send over a big truck of flat fruit boxes for distribution and storage of non-perishable food, clothing, etc., plus fruit for the fire fighters. BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE PACKING TAPE TO PUT THE BOXES TOGETHER! So I posted everywhere, including CTB, saying "just need some $$ for packing tape -- can you help?" The response from most on CTB was that they would never just send $$ to an individual, they would only deal with a charitable organization. Yeah, right, try to get packing tape from Red Cross! But a few days later, a package came to KATHIE IN THORP from Staples, and the sender was COW MILKER. It was a case of packing tape. I cried! I still have that packing slip, and in seeing what is happening in our neighboring counties, I think of Craig every day.

I don't know anyone off hand that runs a big rig. But if you need donations for fuel/time, do let me know. There are still good people out there like the Gebbers and the hundreds of others who have donated to the various local charities. I personally try to donate local because of the large "Administration" of the Red Cross and other similar organizations that sucks up so much of the donations. The locals may take a day longer or not run as efficiently but they get the job done and do it well.

When I KNOW where hay transport costs can be donated directly, I'll let y'all know. We are still working on hay donations, and that is a slow but sure thing. Moving it is the pain . . . .

FOR DONATIONS FOR WA CARLTON COMPLEX FIRE , I would recommend two:

Chelan FFA Alumni, P.O. Box 1530, Chelan, WA 98816. Rod Cool set that one up; he is FFA advisor in Chelan and a Chelan Rodeo grounds director. We've been coordinating hay deliveries to Chelan through him, for either hay or hay transport $$. His no., if you have ??s, is 509 470-0360. This is not a 501(3)(c) outfit, but I trust him.

Nourishing Hand, P.O. Box 2106, Oroville, WA 98841. Janice Andrew heads this and is working with rescue/recovery out of Okanogan Fairgrounds, about 3 hrs. N. of Chelan. On your check, write "Fire Livestock" or "Fire Pets" or "Fire Animals." This is a 501(3)(c) charity. Phone service is still out up there.

I have been dealing with both Rod and Janice -- they are sharing resources as they get them.

Thx.

Latest posts