21,000 just wow

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
It's amazing what the stock market is doing. I know one could argue a correction is in sight, and they'd be right, but it is rolling. I'm also excited that the growth isn't built on cyber crap, and social media stock. The growth seems to be coming from industry.

Seems like just a little while ago it hit 20,000....oh, I guess it was.
(I'm sure when the correction comes, someone will be along to say "The market has voted") :roll:
Growth is good if it's tied to fundamentals, but uncontrolled growth not so much.
We shall see.

The market is up based not only on industrials (anticipating infrastructure projects), but also based on expected gutting of Wall St oversight which was put in place to avoid melt-downs (a la 2007) and prevent shenanigans in the financial industry, mortgage loans, etc.

It's a Ponzi scheme of the worst kind--the kind you have to play because everyone else does. Or I guess you can leave your $ under the mattress and watch the value drop. Or you buy cows and (see above :lol2:

It concerns me when it's just so high so fast. No real reason other than it's not natural

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction
The hard part is knowing when to bail

Cross-7":1yst2c6z said:

I moved some to more conservative investments once it was getting up in the mid 19's. I missed (what may be) the top but figured it was time to hedge a bit

Cross-7":1ap6z3z1 said:
I have never timed it very well, and now heed advice I've often been given not to try and time the market.

Back in '96, I had 18k I didn't really need and bought some Putman Funds. Really just kinda forgot about it, info on it was going to accountant. Wondered what happened to it in the crash, and then read where Putman had some sort of scandal and people were pulling their money out.
Saw a sheet a couple of months ago, My 18k was worth 94k. gs

dun":3g7z6dro said:
It concerns me when it's just so high so fast. No real reason other than it's not natural

Animal Spirits, the previous administration was so anti business that companies were fearful to make bold moves, Trump has released the power of America's economic engine. Exciting times.

Your better off to ride the highs and lows. And plan for the long haul. I truly thought in the last 8 yrs it would fall , I went conservative for a big portion and missed alot of gain. I am beginning to think that a correction will not that dramatic. With the cog's of all products and industry today. Diversity is the key.

M-5":3gv6fuhg said:
Your better off to ride the highs and lows. And plan for the long haul. I truly thought in the last 8 yrs it would fall , I went conservative for a big portion and missed alot of gain. I am beginning to think that a correction will not that dramatic. With the cog's of all products and industry today. Diversity is the key.

That's right. If you're gonna invest in emu, get some chinchillas too.

Just one word. are you listening?

Plastics..

TennesseeTuxedo":1foidijs said:
dun":1foidijs said:

Animal Spirits, the previous administration was so anti business that companies were fearful to make bold moves, Trump has released the power of America's economic engine. Exciting times.

I agree. With the talk of modifying health insurance, less government restrictions, building pipeline, etc. folks are getting a more positive attitude. Folks have hope again.

It is kinda amazing when the news reports 62% of the Democrats approved of Trump's speech. Something's wrong in America!!

The coal people around me, are going back to work.

The stock market is one reason why people can afford those expensive homes....or at least think they can.
U.S. economy is chugging along and if Fed raises rates March 15th the USD will continue as well. imo
I am not sure how Trump will go about weakening the USD when the U.S. is about the only country raising rates.
Especially with lots of other countries having negative interest rates.

For the record, I thought the market was set for a correction years ago.

I said the market was over-bought at Dow 18,000 and cattle price of cattle was unsustainable in 2013. Both went up. Show you what I know.

The dollar is too strong. Am I wrong about that too?

boondocks":278c5bll said:
Cross-7":278c5bll said:

I moved some to more conservative investments once it was getting up in the mid 19's. I missed (what may be) the top but figured it was time to hedge a bit
Good for you. One of the basic fundamentals of investing. Never look back but watch for your opportunity to repeat ;-)

TennesseeTuxedo":huaik1df said:
dun":huaik1df said:

Speaking factually, the market went up either 140% or 210% under Obama (depending on how you pick the start point). Assuming Trump also gets 2 terms, at the end of his 8 years the Dow will have to hit 47,800 to replicate that 140% rise, or will have to hit 61,500 to hit that same 210%. http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/10/investi ... ket-trump/

(As an aside, I personally would prefer to keep some reasonable regs and not to have to bail anyone out again).

boondocks":6pcuumdq said:
TennesseeTuxedo":6pcuumdq said:
dun":6pcuumdq said:

Speaking factually, the market went up either 140% or 210% under Obama (depending on how you pick the start point). Assuming Trump also gets 2 terms, at the end of his 8 years the Dow will have to hit 47,800 to replicate that 140% rise, or will have to hit 61,500 to hit that same 210%. http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/10/investi ... ket-trump/

(As an aside, I personally would prefer to keep some reasonable regs and not to have to bail anyone out again).

And the deficit went up almost 10 trillion under obama. It's all smoke and mirrors folks.
http://money.howstuffworks.com/question241.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts