2015 powerstroke

Help Support CattleToday:

Wonder what the fuel mileage is going to be on that 440hp 6.7 ps. Dodge still has the better looking truck. I haven't liked the ford bodies since 2010.

Odd to me why they spent so much marketing and build focus on the 450, I would think the F350 would be a bigger seller. Not many farmers need 4.88 gears.

I can deal with an ugly truck as long as the durability and functionality is there. If I wanted something pretty I would buy a car.

skyhightree1":2ovvpe07 said:
I can deal with an ugly truck as long as the durability and functionality is there. If I wanted something pretty I would buy a car.
I agree, ford has got to build a better product if there going to be so dang ugly :lol2:.

A dodge 3500 has a 30k towing capicity, a 450 ford is going to be 31200lbs. Isn't that comparing 2 different trucks?

I drove a 2014 Ford F350 diesel and it was a hoss. It was by far the fastest truck and seemed to have the most power. Hopefully it will work out for Ford. Just because of two bad V8 diesel engines, Ford has lost the diesel truck market that they once ruled. All the big trucks and tractors use inline 6 cylinder engines and they pull heavy loads and are expected to last a long time. Why would you build a new V8 diesel knowing this?
You get more truck for the money with a RAM truck, and it's not even close. I tried to buy a new Ford truck, but the value and quality was not there. Hopefully the will do a remodel and use some new engineering, Ford needs to get up to date. Go drive all the new trucks and write all the pro's and con's down. Then go home and think it over and RAM wins every time. IMO

highgrit":126fut7z said:
I drove a 2014 Ford F350 diesel and it was a hoss. It was by far the fastest truck and seemed to have the most power. Hopefully it will work out for Ford. Just because of two bad V8 diesel engines, Ford has lost the diesel truck market that they once ruled. All the big trucks and tractors use inline 6 cylinder engines and they pull heavy loads and are expected to last a long time. Why would you build a new V8 diesel knowing this?
You get more truck for the money with a RAM truck, and it's not even close. I tried to buy a new Ford truck, but the value and quality was not there. Hopefully the will do a remodel and use some new engineering, Ford needs to get up to date. Go drive all the new trucks and write all the pro's and con's down. Then go home and think it over and RAM wins every time. IMO

what he said. :nod:

denvermartinfarms":30ahwn8i said:
A dodge 3500 has a 30k towing capicity, a 450 ford is going to be 31200lbs. Isn't that comparing 2 different trucks?

Yeah I think the F350 towing is 26500.

Calhoun Farm":11aaf2tt said:
denvermartinfarms":11aaf2tt said:

Yeah I think the F350 towing is 26500.
So ford is actually behind 3500lbs in towing in comparable classes. In would consider any new truck if I was buying now, but when dodge is making a very competitive product with a proven engine and is selling it significantly cheaper than the other 2, that kinda decides the deal for me.

I've seen ads for a dodge dealer in bremen GA selling new 3500 tradesmen's for under 40k. The Ford would be upper 50's to 60's.

Calhoun Farm":3knana7z said:
I've seen ads for a dodge dealer in bremen GA selling new 3500 tradesmen's for under 40k. The Ford would be upper 50's to 60's.
That's about right. In 2007 I bought my new 3500 4x4 slt single cab 6spd dodge diesel for 32k. The cheaper base model ford and chevy was both 8k higher at the time.

I can't justify even a new Ram truck.. I don't put much mileage on it in a year and I'm cheaper to get some body work done once in a while and throw a bit of money into repairs. I don't like the new chevys... They're just all plastic it seems... Dodge has has the best styling since the lat 80's, but I like chevy's best for the ones earlier than that... If you want to know which fords I like.. well.. my neighbor has a 1928 ford v8 pickup.. awesome styling! A friend of mine got creative and put a 50's Kenworth cab on a Dodge diesel 4x4 chassis... looks pretty good but it needs duals.

My biggest worry about the new trucks is out of warranty repairs... I can buy a good used truck for the price of any 1 system failure on these new machines... Injectors at $750 a piece, Transmission at close to $10K... then all the electrical gremlins they're bound to get as they age... I'll stick with my '94 Dodge diesel... Give me a hill and some haywire and I don't even need a battery

the reason that ford is pushing the f450 is simple.if you keep an f350 under a trailer most all its life itll be hammered an done in 3 to 4yrs.while the f450 will last 3 times longer under the trailers.i know this because ive got a friend that was killing a new f350 every 3yrs.then he bought an f450 an ran it till he decided to downsize.

I don't trust the "new" version of any engine. I like an engine that has been on the road enough, that a mechanic can tell me the pros and cons.

bigbull338":1d70f5ax said:
the reason that ford is pushing the f450 is simple.if you keep an f350 under a trailer most all its life itll be hammered an done in 3 to 4yrs.while the f450 will last 3 times longer under the trailers.i know this because ive got a friend that was killing a new f350 every 3yrs.then he bought an f450 an ran it till he decided to downsize.

What are the differences? I know the 450 has 19.5 wheels and either 4.30 or 4.88 gears. Is the frame different too? Also, does Ford make an F450 "pickup" and a cab & chassis model?

Calhoun Farm":t4dli62i said:
bigbull338":t4dli62i said:

What are the differences? I know the 450 has 19.5 wheels and either 4.30 or 4.88 gears. Is the frame different too? Also, does Ford make an F450 "pickup" and a cab & chassis model?

What about your 6.4 Calhoun? I went ahead and ordered the dpf/cat delete pipe for mine and Spartan tuner.
Oddly, the Spartan tuners are on 2 week back order :(

shaz":365jac9w said:
Calhoun Farm":365jac9w said:
bigbull338":365jac9w said:

What about your 6.4 Calhoun? I went ahead and ordered the dpf/cat delete pipe for mine and Spartan tuner.
Oddly, the Spartan tuners are on 2 week back order :(

I'm using an SCT tuner with custom tune from gearhead. I also removed my egr coolers and did the cat/dpf delete pipe. Trucks runs awesome now.

How about moving on up to a F550 and install a steel bed. Then all of your hauling problems would be behind you.