2008 4h steer

Help Support CattleToday:

100_3776.JPG

i really like him can we get some more pictures?? i dont think i have seen a limo with that much hair. breeding?? just wondering did you buy him or breed hiim??

um.. my picture taking skills are about as good as my computer skills. ill have to retake them i thought i had a good back view and front but they are too dark.

i thought i wrote shorthorn limo cross. (was watching the race at the same time)
he is out of our stock, limo/hereford dam breed (AI'ed) to sin city, who is a shorthorn bull.
he has a powerful stride,
we've clipped him out some, we've shown steers in teh pass but always had someoen do the clipping for us, we are trying to get that down.

looks pretty nice, has a little leather, questionable flank, good shorthorn hair. I think you'll have to feed him hard with limi and SH in him, they can be tough feeders.

Looks real good. I don't see any problem with the flank. His tail head looks a little funky. Maybe it's the lighting, but it looks like you may have taken the hair down too close to cover up the high tailhead. You need to leave a little more hair in front of the tail head so it has a smooth appearance.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3t48ht6p said:
Looks real good. I don't see any problem with the flank. His tail head looks a little funky. Maybe it's the lighting, but it looks like you may have taken the hair down too close to cover up the high tailhead. You need to leave a little more hair in front of the tail head so it has a smooth appearance.

i told my husband what you said about the tailhead. he thought so but not quite sure how to cut it there. so yeah it does look a little funky

heres another picture, i was trying to get him to stand and take apitucture by myself, yeah that doesnt work that great.

http://cattletoday.com/photos/showphoto ... 25&cat=500

100_3782.JPG

Hard to tell from this photo. Appears to have enough hair on tail head on the back side.

To post a pic: See the little yellow boxes above where you are typing? Click "Img", than paste the image properties, than click "/img" again. - no spaces.

I like him a lot. His color is gorgeous and he has tons of hair. He is not very thick over his top and his shoulder blades are a tad narrow for my taste. From his profile view, he looks like he may be lacking muscle in his hindquarter. But overall, he is gorgeous. No calf can be perfect. ;-)

To post a pic: See the little yellow boxes above where you are typing? Click "Img", than paste the image properties, than click "/img" again. - no spaces.[/quote]

Thanks!!!! now i get it.. :oops:

Latest posts