2004 Ford Taurus wagon....

Help Support CattleToday:

John SD

Reaction score
Didn't want to hijack the SUV thread below, so I'll start a new thread. Does anyone have experience or opinions on the 2004 Taurus? Handful of Taurus 4dr sedans coming up on the state surplus sale along with a slew of 4dr Impala sedans. I'm thinking all other things being equal, the Fords might be a better deal than the Chevys because they are a couple years older.

The Taurus wagon with 117K miles caught my eye. Should be a solid reliable full size car with decent gas mileage and 100K left in it with normal maintenance. Not looking for myself, but for a friend who drives 80 mile commute every day.

This is the particular car in question. http://boa.sd.gov/divisions/property/im ... 1AF271.JPG

They aren't bad cars. Not trouble free but Pretty simple. Hopefully they put shocks on it. They ride/drive terrible with worn out shocks. Tranny is probably the weak link.

Kingfisher":17iuxugn said:
They aren't bad cars. Not trouble free but Pretty simple. Hopefully they put shocks on it. They ride/drive terrible with worn out shocks. Tranny is probably the weak link.

MacPherson struts will beat you to death when the shocks wear out. :nod: Put new ones on my Fairmont wagon, made a lot of difference.

Tranny concerns me some. Got another Taurus wagon on the same auction with the tranny out of it. :roll: If they follow the sale order listed, the one with the bad tranny sells first. The car that drives maybe should be worth $500 more :?: :idea: