2003 F350

Help Support CattleToday:

shutskytj

Reaction score
Black 2003 F-350 Diesel, Lariet package, leather, all power 4x4 VERY clean truck....ASKING 15,900
117,000 miles, ext. cab.

Do you guys and gals think this is a good deal or not and how much life can I expect with this truck with that many miles already. It is the 7.3L diesel. How good is the gas miles on this year compared to the newer ones

According to the Kelly Blue Book a bare bones truck like you've described runs $14,735 for fair condition, 16,385 for good condition. That's based on the private treaty price

The 7.3 should be good for at least another 100,000 miles. Manual or auto trans. seems to make a diffrence in fuel milage manual is better on fuel.

The only 2003 Ford to buy is the 7.3L. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Only major problem with '03 7.3 is powdered connecting rods. Might cause a headache later. I would look at a 2000 7.3 with low miles, have cast connecting rods. Not a bad price. If it was a manual, I would definitely go for it.

At any rate, your buying the best motor that International ever made and one of most fuel efficient of any diesel.

Edit:

I should add that your highway mileage unloaded should be somewhere around 17-19 mpg. My 1995 F-250 gets up to 22-23 when I want it to, but it takes away from the fun of showing off :cowboy: :lol: . With proper and religious maintenance, you can expect at least another 150,000 miles on the original motor. Mine is at 229,500 miles right now with stock injectors.

Thanks for all your help but darn it just found out it was only a 6 foot bed

Latest posts