1913 Silent Movie-Train Crash

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
I was reading about the Crash at Crush, and thanks to Youtube, stumbled across this. There's an interesting parade at the beginning with a bunch of cattle and horses. I love how everyone is dressed well-no sweatpants in sight! I was watching this thinking about how amazed the first people who saw this probably were and how commonplace something like this is today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioyl85MgFEA

Enjoy

I always enjoy old pictures/video of livestock. Hard to figure why they would wreck two trains. I guess if you was there you could always say, "I seen it".

Similar to our smash up derbies and stuff nowadays at the fair I imagine.

And he said NO sweat pants in sight nesi, people cleaned themselves up to go to town. I'm on the fence on the issue, I get tired of seeing the slobs out and about too, but I've been the scruffy guy out in dirty work clothes - from some job I didn't want to be doing to begin with - and over heard some jack off in a 40 dollar suit calling me down. At that time I held a job that I would have made his yearly wage in a month I'd bet, call me what you will, I know the difference. And I was with my cousin who's a heavy duty mechanic, and makes +100k year after year.

I always wanted to win the lottery too, just to see if I'd still wear my worn out old clothes and act no different than I do now.

One time I had my eye on a motorcycle at a dealership - I went in after work, and wasn't the cleanest, But I wanted that bike, the first salesman didnt seem like he wanted to waste his time with me on the few questions I had, so I asked for another. And promptly handed him the cash for it.

Supa Dexta":6aenas37 said:
Similar to our smash up derbies and stuff nowadays at the fair I imagine.

And he said NO sweat pants in sight nesi, people cleaned themselves up to go to town. I'm on the fence on the issue, I get tired of seeing the slobs out and about too, but I've been the scruffy guy out in dirty work clothes - from some job I didn't want to be doing to begin with - and over heard some jack off in a 40 dollar suit calling me down. At that time I held a job that I would have made his yearly wage in a month I'd bet, call me what you will, I know the difference. And I was with my cousin who's a heavy duty mechanic, and makes +100k year after year.

I always wanted to win the lottery too, just to see if I'd still wear my worn out old clothes and act no different than I do now.

One time I had my eye on a motorcycle at a dealership - I went in after work, and wasn't the cleanest, But I wanted that bike, the first salesman didnt seem like he wanted to waste his time with me on the few questions I had, so I asked for another. And promptly handed him the cash for it.

I'm a bit on the fence too. On one hand, there is not a fancy bone in my body, and I'm not a big-shot. I have no problem with seeing people in public with dirty clothes on due to a day's work; I've done it myself many times. I do feel, however, that certain types of clothes do or do not fit certain occasions, and I feel it shows respect when I attend other's events.

If dress is not specified, I usually dress in a way that doesn't draw attention one way or the other. If I am invited to attend an event, or if I drop by the funeral home to see an acquaintance, I usually do khakis and a button up shirt. Nobody is going to think I'm dressed fancy, and nobody is going to wonder if I just came from the barn, it's respectful.

We actually had a girl get angry and leave the high school graduation a few years ago because she wasn't allowed to wear muck boots with her cap and gown. Come on, why would anybody want to wear muck boots to a graduation. They serve no purpose there.

I've even seen older people come into a restaurant dressed so tacky that it was embarrassing.

I don't figure you have to dress up "fancy" to do much of anything but there is no excuse for going to an event even after work filthy even if it did come from hard work. Take a few minutes and wash your nasty a$$ or stay home and live in your filth.

TexasBred":qwza9y05 said:
I don't figure you have to dress up "fancy" to do much of anything but there is no excuse for going to an event even after work filthy even if it did come from hard work. Take a few minutes and wash your nasty a$$ or stay home and live in your filth.

Sure, and let me be clear, when I mentioned being in public dirty after a day's work, I was referring to being at the hardware store, getting gas, or getting an item at the grocery; I certainly don't attend events dirty. There is a big difference, however, in a day's work dirt, no matter how bad, and people who just seem to have something against bathing and clean clothes.

Let me clarify. I'm not talking about stopping on the way home after work. That's one thing. I work at a family medicine clinic. We have a pediatrics section, and you should see the way that families come in dressed. I'm talking about parents and kids both in sweatpants, or even worse-pajama pants! I love women in yoga pants, don't get me wrong, but there's a place for them. The gym, home, maybe the grocery store after the gym, but just regular shopping, going to the doctor's, etc is not it. I'm sick to death of people just dragging themselves out of bed and heading out for the day. I think it shows a lack of respect for yourself.

No pajama's in this video, but what really struck me is how thin everyone is compared to a video "on the street" now a days

[youtube]https://youtu.be/9RF9wV-57dE[/youtube]

Kell-inKY":11boe5qu said:
No pajama's in this video, but what really struck me is how thin everyone is compared to a video "on the street" now a days

[youtube]https://youtu.be/9RF9wV-57dE[/youtube]
Many people were wormy back then?

Latest posts