1465 cockshutt

Help Support CattleToday:

frenchie

Reaction score
I have a 1465 cockshutt, We just had a new clutch installed and now the 3 point won,t work. Any Ideas guys. :D

Campground Cattle

Reaction score
If I remember right you have a dual clutch setup. One clutch for the drive train and the other working off the main to drive the hydrualic pump.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
frenchie":2txmmbp7 said:
I have a 1465 cockshutt, We just had a new clutch installed and now the 3 point won,t work. Any Ideas guys. :D

frenchie- Do they still make Cockshutt tractors? Didn't White buy them out? I had almost forgot about them until I saw an auction sale handbill the other day- an auction up just south of the border- and its got an older Cockshutt for sale.

dd

Reaction score
Oldtimer, If my memory is right White bought Cockshutt, Oliver and Minn Moline. White is now part of Agco which also owns Allis Chalmers and Massey Ferguson.

OP
F

frenchie

Reaction score
Oldtimer

White did buy them out. Also were sold under Mineapolis Moline, and Oliver handles.Was made by fiat. Our one and only import from europe.Very good on fuel.

We have had no troubles except for a clutch and a little electrical in 10,000 hrs.And now this 3 point hitch trouble.
When we 1st start the tractor the 3 point will rise on its own. But thats it.

Hydralics work fine. :)

M Gravlee

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Now I know what a Cockshutt is. Heck, I even know what a "chook" is!

collect4.jpg

A

Anonymous

frenchie":2fhyhqyz said:
Oldtimer

White did buy them out. Also were sold under Mineapolis Moline, and Oliver handles.Was made by fiat. Our one and only import from europe.Very good on fuel.

We have had no troubles except for a clutch and a little electrical in 10,000 hrs.And now this 3 point hitch trouble.
When we 1st start the tractor the 3 point will rise on its own. But thats it.

Hydralics work fine. :)

Since the clutch is driving the hydrualics, check the hydrualic pressure relief valve and control block. This should be located under the seat. It is not uncommom for a small piece of trash (size of a pin head) to block a port off. Had this problem after breaking a tractor down.

Campground forgot to log in

heiferhoney

Reaction score
Yep, clean the filters...look for dirt, probably just a small piece and if you can get it to move the problem will clear up, but might reoccur. Neighbor had the same problem with one of those Russian tractors that I can never remember the name of.

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Heiferhoney, could that russian tractor have been a Belarus? Red/orange color?

heiferhoney

Reaction score
certherfbeef":1csg0y96 said:
Heiferhoney, could that russian tractor have been a Belarus? Red/orange color?

that's it! Belarus, just can never remember the name of it. right now the arms are stuck in the down position again.

chrisnjake

Reaction score
im looking for a clutch alignment tool for 1465 if any body has any ideas it would be appreciated