1339 Disc Bine

Help Support CattleToday:

Cowgirl Brit

Reaction score
My husband and I own a 1339 Disc BIne (Massey Ferguson). A farmhand was helping us 2 days ago and when we went to check on him we heard a noise that we shouldn't have heard. Got to looking and from behind the mower on the drivers side there are 2 U-joints with shafts....one above the other. Well the bottom one is f_ _ _ _ _!! The shaft is gone and the right u-joint has been sheared off. The rollers are all fine....nothing went through the rollers because we couldn't find any wear or tear. We called a couple places and they said we need to the hole piece.....both u-joints and shaft 400 BUCKS!!!! . Is there a way around this? Welding, rigging something, anything PLEASE HELP

Thanx,
Cowgirl from Ky

Thanx for the info. We were just trying to make sure we had to buy hole piece and not getting ripped off. This site will help for a lot of our equipment :D

You might want to look around for a farm equipment salvage yard. We have one locally that the parts are frequently almost new and the price is half the new price.

Cowgirl Brit":2pwner2r said:
Don't know of any equipment salvage yards around here....any suggestions?
Have you looked in the Yellow Pages, or you could do an internet search

I had a driveline go out on a rhino sr15 shredder. replacement parts from rhino was a little over $800. I carried the parts to the post office to get a priority box that if it fits it ships for a set price. I mailed it to http://www.drive-lines.com/ cost for the fix was $251 dollars with shipping both ways was about $35.00. turn around with shipping about a week.

Latest posts