1086 clutch issue

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky cowboy

Reaction score
Put a new clutch in last fall, but now it's loosing power when on a grade even without a load, almost like the clutch is slipping again but you cant smell anything and it only has couple 100 hours on a new clutch. Also when you release the clutch it seems like it's slow to engage. The clutch will be all the way out and foot off the pedal before it moves. Any ideas, somebody said to adjust the ta dump valve. Really don't want to have to break it in half again.

Ky cowboy":1ao09czc said:
Put a new clutch in last fall, but now it's loosing power when on a grade even without a load, almost like the clutch is slipping again but you cant smell anything and it only has couple 100 hours on a new clutch. Also when you release the clutch it seems like it's slow to engage. The clutch will be all the way out and foot off the pedal before it moves. Any ideas, somebody said to adjust the ta dump valve. Really don't want to have to break it in half again.

Torque Amplifier on it ?

Is there a linkage you can adjust to give more freeplay on the pedal? I'm not familiar with the 1086, but that's the way most of them are.

Nesikep":3v1b2xyq said:
Is there a linkage you can adjust to give more freeplay on the pedal? I'm not familiar with the 1086, but that's the way most of them are.

Yes there is an adjustment for both clutch and ta

I'd loosen off the clutch linkage first so you have more free play and see if that changes anything... Does the TA operate over hydraulics? If it does you might want to check line pressures

Seems to me on the 1486 I had there was a dump valve, I think it needed to travel 3/8" to work properly. I bet if you ask the folks at Red Power forum you'd get lots of help.

Well a little update, cab mounts, free play, filters, are all good. The light for the hyd is not coming on in the cab at all. One of my grandad coffee buddies who was a ih tech in il came out and said he was pretty sure the mcv pump was shot. I'm going to try and tear it apart next few days and see. He grounded out the sensor and we still couldn't get the light to come on. And no I didn't test it with a meter or check the bulb. But he said with the trouble I was having he thought the pump was the trouble. Any thoughts/ideas. And any tips on replacing the pump if that's what you guys think it is.

Thanks

Latest posts