Winnie, Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Over 16 inches of rain.

Your drought is over. If the brush piles didn't wash away, you'd be safe to burn them now.

Dang !!! I hope you folks are okay.

backhoeboogie said:
Over 16 inches of rain.

Your drought is over. If the brush piles didn't wash away, you'd be safe to burn them now.

Dang !!! I hope you folks are okay.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/weather/flash-flood-emergency-declared-as-imelda-saturates-southeast-texas/502-e5907aac-ece4-4767-a24f-d74482157ec4
https://abcnews.go.com/US/flash-flooding-eastern-texas-forces-hospital-evacuation-home/story?id=65712731

Dang storm is crawling dropping feet of water south of me. Every area of the country has its hazards. Several have came ashore stalling, Claudette, Harvey are a couple previous that come to mind. I know I am forgetting some.
Rising water is a tough hazard to deal with.

News just reported of many people trapped in cars on I-10 .

A whole bunch of apartments flooded out in Pasadena around '75. I worked as a laborer ripping carpet and padding out of businesses and apartments. Then they kept some of us on to haul Sheetrock. Big money for a 16 year old.

Seems like there were cars flooded out all over Houston. Wreckers were hooking on and hauling them to lots. People couldn't find their cars for months.

It's not a nightmare around Winnie right now but night terror.
Officials are evacuating more areas right now.

People trapped on I-10 is a life threatening mess

https://twitter.com/TXMilitary?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Heroes

TexasBred said:
DFW news was reporting 42 inches in Winnie. I can't even start to imagine that much rain.
That's lots of water in a short time.
I hate these weak TS they are bad about stalling out.
Allison dropped 40" on Houston same scenario.
Alvin Texas still holds the record for the contiguous USA of 42" in 24 hours in 1979 from TS Claudette.

Caustic Burno said:
TexasBred said:
DFW news was reporting 42 inches in Winnie. I can't even start to imagine that much rain.
That's lots of water in a short time.
I hate these weak TS they are bad about stalling out.
Allison dropped 40" on Houston same scenario.
Alvin Texas still holds the record for the contiguous USA of 42" in 24 hours in 1979 from TS Claudette.

Hope you have plans for your old a$$ before you get flooded in and have to sleep in the attic

TB if water gets to my house there won't be anything south left.
I am at 300' elevation on top of this hill.
It got rough on the kids in Harvey in the Houston metroplex.
Aren't yours down that way as well ?

Do these small towns even have equipment to measure that much rain. Not to belittle it, because I've seen it in person, but some of the media always seems to be in a contest to outdo the other network. A storm like this can take lives, but it destroys lives by robbing many of everything they own. People who live payday to payday may not have a payday next week. All of their personal possessions, including pictures, great grandma's rocker, etc. are forever gone. They can't go to the neighbors because they are in the same boat. Govt help sometimes takes months, even years to be distributed leaving the persons needing the help on the side of the road! God help them!

bbirder said:
Do these small towns even have equipment to measure that much rain. Not to belittle it, because I've seen it in person, but some of the media always seems to be in a contest to outdo the other network. A storm like this can take lives, but it destroys lives by robbing many of everything they own. People who live payday to payday may not have a payday next week. All of their personal possessions, including pictures, great grandma's rocker, etc. are forever gone. They can't go to the neighbors because they are in the same boat. Govt help sometimes takes months, even years to be distributed leaving the persons needing the help on the side of the road! God help them!

Yes the local TV stations have weather stations at most of the area schools.
They give multiple weather reports daily one for the lakes and the other for the coastal counties.

Latest posts