Who had pics of a pinch squeeze here?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
I have a lady interested in some material I have for sale, but I think it's really over-kill for her, for what she needs to do. Who had pics/diagrams of a pinch type sqeeze, for milking or doctoring? Can someone direct me back to that? Thx.

Kathie in Thorp":36f9kxb9 said:
I have a lady interested in some material I have for sale, but I think it's really over-kill for her, for what she needs to do. Who had pics/diagrams of a pinch type sqeeze, for milking or doctoring? Can someone direct me back to that? Thx.

I know what a squeeze is - what is a pinch squeeze?

Cheers

Bez

Is this what you are looking for? I found pics of one using two gates.

medinahinge2.jpg

medinahinge4.jpg

and a barn wall can be used as one side too.

hopalong":csosla06 said:
That was easy :D :D :D :D :D :D
Never heard them called a pinch squeeze though,,,Guess technolgy is catching up on me :) I always thought that was make do kinda thing

THat was all my grandfather ever had. We called them trap gates. Later the term medina came along and perhaps we should have called them that all along. I remember snubbing noses for the really bad ones that needed doctoring. First time I ever saw a head gate was probably about '70 or so. A squeeze sometime thereafter. I still do a lot of things with just the medina gates. One set is 20 foot long and can hold 3 if all I am doing is spraying. Seems to put less stress on them than the squeeze does.

A fellow I know that raises some high dollar longhorns with ball bats sticking out both ways uses a trap like this to work cows. I guess its because a squeeze chute would be a lot harder to get them in.

B&M Farms":2fx4geg6 said:
A fellow I know that raises some high dollar longhorns with ball bats sticking out both ways uses a trap like this to work cows. I guess its because a squeeze chute would be a lot harder to get them in.

They make squeeze chutes for longhorns. The price though is sky high. This is a Powder River Classic Longhorn chute - $7064.95

154.jpg

backhoeboogie":3kd17klt said:
hopalong":3kd17klt said:
That was easy :D :D :D :D :D :D
Never heard them called a pinch squeeze though,,,Guess technolgy is catching up on me :) I always thought that was make do kinda thing

THat was all my grandfather ever had. We called them trap gates. Later the term medina came along and perhaps we should have called them that all along. I remember snubbing noses for the really bad ones that needed doctoring. First time I ever saw a head gate was probably about '70 or so. A squeeze sometime thereafter. I still do a lot of things with just the medina gates. One set is 20 foot long and can hold 3 if all I am doing is spraying. Seems to put less stress on them than the squeeze does.
"Pinch squeeze" probably was not the right term -- probably only the word "pinch" was close -- but ya'll figured out what I was looking for. :) Thx.

chippie":19ztmtm9 said:
B&M Farms":19ztmtm9 said:

They make squeeze chutes for longhorns. The price though is sky high. This is a Powder River Classic Longhorn chute - $7064.95

154.jpg

I have one of those longhorn chutes. I bought it used at an auction. Didn't pay anywhere near the new price. I have never owned a longhorn in my life. I do like the horizontal bars on the side of the chute better than the standard verticle ones. If a cow moves back and forth you can just stick with her.

A large animal vet can do thousands of cows in a week. It makes perfect sense for him to have those top of the line hydraulic squeeze chutes. I really like working with them on the occasions when I am helping him out.

For those of us with 100 or less head of cattle, there is simply no way to justify a whole lot of expense for a lot of the equipment people discuss in this forum. It would take a bunch of cows to pay for one of those hydraulic units. I'd love to have one of my own but I would only use it twice a year at most. It just does not pencil out.

A used squeeze could pencil out.

Rebuilding an old freebie someone gave me is even better. I'll get around to it some time I am sure. That'll give me three stationary and one portable. I don't need them all. I could offer to trade two stationary units at some point.

The hydraulic chutes are great. Last year we hunted elk on a ranch in sw Montana I filled my tag early so the next day I watched the vet and half dozen ranch hands preg checked550 checked 550 cows before lunch. The
re was spit and shyt flying everywhere.

Latest posts