Well, this just stinks!

Help Support CattleToday:

I saw this on one of the fishing forums im on. It stinks but i understand the law and why it was written that way. Otherwise people would be trawling for the bf's. The bigger problem is the russian and japanese fleets serting miles and miles of longlines that intercept the migration before they even make it close to the states. But its international water and theres no way to stop it.

They should have arrested him for stupidity for admitting that he caught it that way and was ignorant of the law. He has permits for tuna he should know the law.

When i had my hms Permit ( highly migratory species) it was clear what the rules and wxpwctations were. And that with me just doing it for fun. I guarantee the fulltime captains know the law

hooknline":3tg0jxtq said:
When i had my hms Permit ( highly migratory species) it was clear what the rules and wxpwctations were. And that with me just doing it for fun. I guarantee the fulltime captains know the law
I agree he was stupid for not knowing the law, but I do applaud him for at least bringing it in so that someone can get some from benefit from it rather then just dumping it at sea to rot.

I would imagine that he'd have known the law too, but I find it sad that he went to all the trouble and now gets nothing for his effort. Yes, good that someone will benefit, but the $ goes to the feds and that stinks.

Hook, what does bf's mean -- big fishes? Can't be...too obvious!

Okay, gotcha -- fish talk! :D

All I know of fishing is deep sea fishing off the Outer Banks of NC, which I've not been fortunate enough to do in many years, but what fun and adventure we had! :banana:

When we lived on Puget Sound my wife dregded up a 50 pound ling cod. Only problem was that we were in an area that they were protected. Never having seen one I looked in a book of fish descriptions, the darn thing looked exactly the the color picture right down to the markings. After she messed with for half an hour getting it in the boat it was sure hard to turn it loose.

The rules are very clear and easy to understand. There is just to many rules and they change them on a regular basis. We throw thousands of pounds of snapper and other fish away every year. NMFS and NOAA is like trying to deal with the devil himself. That fish would-will not bring much money at all. A tuna needs to be bleed, headed, gutted,and iced ASAP. Plus its all brusied up from being drug around for 2hrs. in the net.

highgrit":2pls08g4 said:
The rules are very clear and easy to understand. There is just to many rules and they change them on a regular basis. We throw thousands of pounds of snapper and other fish away every year. NMFS and NOAA is like trying to deal with the devil himself. That fish would-will not bring much money at all. A tuna needs to be bleed, headed, gutted,and iced ASAP. Plus its all brusied up from being drug around for 2hrs. in the net.
One report said it only brought 5k because of the condition it was in

Latest posts