Tubs

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Any comments about Urea in high protein tubs?

Here is the ingredient list for this 24% tub

Molasses Products, Condensed Fermented Corn Extractives, Processed Grain By-Products, Calcium Hydroxide, Calcium Oxide, Magnesium Oxide, Salt, Urea, Calcium Carbonate, Manganous Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Chloride, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement and Vitamin E Supplement.

HDRider said:
Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
That's a good price on the pellets.

Sure is
I maybe should go check on that :hide:

I had been getting a bulk mixed ration for $180 per ton and went to order more yesterday and it's up to $200 again, called around and that was pretty comparable. If I could find some 140 ton I would be happy with that for sure even if it is a lower protein %.

HDRider said:
ton of 12% pellets is $140

1 200 # 24% tub is $120
that's $3.50 per 50# isn't it?

i think a 50# bag of 14% pellet around here is $8.00.

If you place tubs on under used pasture, you will come out, with the convenience and reduction in mineral cost, hay cost. We know that winter feed is the most expensive part of the cattle business, watch your poopoo. Watch your cows condition, if they are dry, if they are wet feed'em, I feed too much most of the time, but I'm learnin.

Ky hills said:
HDRider said:
Ky hills said:

I had been getting a bulk mixed ration for $180 per ton and went to order more yesterday and it's up to $200 again, called around and that was pretty comparable. If I could find some 140 ton I would be happy with that for sure even if it is a lower protein %.

My bad, it was $230 back in June

HDRider said:
Ky hills said:
HDRider said:

My bad, it was $230 back in June

No problem, I was hoping you had found us a good deal :lol:

If you are using it to enhance forage utilization or intake and digestion on lower quality feed it can be the cheapest option .
Back to the original question.cattle can tolerate the urea but horses can't. Some tub mixes may also cause issues with sheep. So make sure you get the correct tub formula on for correct species or if you are have multiple species in the pasture

Latest posts