• 9)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 10)

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alisonb

Reaction score
If you are exiled to a deserted tropical island and could only take one of the following with you, what would it be?

1) Knife
2) Water purifyer
3) Fire starter
4) Beer
5) Spouse/friend
6) Satellite phone
7) Blanket
8] Gun + 20 bullets
9) Bible
10)Medicine

Only one person would take their spouse with, that's terrible :lol2:

I doubt there would be satellite coverage on that island sstterry :D

Blanket for me...to keep all the mosquitos away and to sleep snug as a bug.

On a serious note, they say being alone is like a death sentence. Now why did the majority of you choose a knife :shock:

alisonb said:

On a serious note, they say being alone is like a death sentence. Now why did the majority of you choose a knife :shock:

Cause fishing gear wasn't a choice.. :

alisonb said:

Well if I took my spouse I wouldn't need a knife..part of the time I'd stay mad enough to bite stuff into..

wbvs58 said:
You never mentioned the young blonde female as an option.

Ken

That wouldn't do anything for me, unless she was good at fishing and could be used as a flotation device. :lol2:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I chose my wife Alison.
Two is better than one in most cases...

sstterry said:
Alison,
Satellite phones work just about everywhere on the planet. I stand by my choice. :tiphat:
You have to charge that phone somehow :D . Maybe you could fashion some sort of knife out of it :p

Little Cow said:
wbvs58 said:

Ken

That wouldn't do anything for me, unless she was good at fishing and could be used as a flotation device. :lol2: :lol2:
A blow up :shock: :lol2:

I voted for satellite phone, but the more I think about it, I might change my vote to "friend". I love my wife and wouldn't subject her to dying on the island with me, but there are a couple politicians I'd bring right along. I'll take one for the team.

A knife would be totally useless after it becomes dull. Might still be good to dig up grubs worms and such. Hope there would be some kind of rocks that could be used as a whet stone. A Swiss army knife with ever tool possible would be the knife of choice. Should be able to start a fire with the magnifying glass on the Swiss knife. You might hope a volley ball showed up in the waste washed up that way you would have something to talk to. Anyone watched Cast Away starring Tom Hanks.

alisonb said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I chose my wife Alison.

sstterry said:
Alison,
Satellite phones work just about everywhere on the planet. I stand by my choice. :tiphat:
You have to charge that phone somehow :D . Maybe you could fashion some sort of knife out of it :p

Little Cow said:
wbvs58 said:

Ken

That wouldn't do anything for me, unless she was good at fishing and could be used as a flotation device. :lol2: :lol2:

:lol: :roll: :nod:

alisonb said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I chose my wife Alison.

sstterry said:
Alison,

Little Cow said:
wbvs58 said:

Ken

Hmm, flotation, yes, but the fishing hooks would be dangerous.

When I was in the USN, after a port visit to Amsterdam, the CO used one of those for a man overboard drill. She did float. No idea what happened to the regular dummy.

Latest posts