Timber Rattler

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":5rktt0ew said:
greybeard":5rktt0ew said:
and plummeting prices have decimated the once-booming oil economy.
Wind turbines probably out number pump jacks 4:1 around Sweetwater nowadays..
I wouldn't mind a couple of wind turbines on my place. They pay pretty darn well.
The ones around where we used to hunt are loud. That wooshing noise sure drove the game out of the area.

dun":3f86rihy said:
TexasBred":3f86rihy said:
greybeard":3f86rihy said:
I wouldn't mind a couple of wind turbines on my place. They pay pretty darn well.
The ones around where we used to hunt are loud. That wooshing noise sure drove the game out of the area.
True but a pump jack is an annoyance too until you get use to it and then think about that royalty check and then it become music. :nod:

dun":2zv9m6c3 said:
TexasBred":2zv9m6c3 said:
greybeard":2zv9m6c3 said:
Till ya get up pretty close to one, you don't realize how noisy they are. Of course, I used to live close to a well that had one of those old Ajax hit-N-miss engines on it too. Not exactly quiet either. POW! puf,puf,puf,puf,puf, POW! puf,puf,puf,puf,puf, POW! ...all night long.

While on a lumber company deer lease in Polk County, East Tx I ran over one on a logging road. My tire broke its back and I got out, finished it and put it in the back of my truck to save the skin. Had no idea they were endangered until some guys were helping load some deer blinds in the back of my truck saw it and freaked cause they didnt know it was dead. Any vipers are dead when I can get them but no timber rattlers in the part of Texas I live.

Caustic Burno":2103d8fi said:
Rafter S":2103d8fi said:
That show is one of my favorites too (along with Forged in Fire), but I haven't seen that episode and didn't know they were considered endangered.

Never met a Texas GW that wasn't a total A hole.

Never met one from any state that wasn't a total ahole.....ever seen one write anyone a "warning ticket"....didn't think so!

3waycross":1lz94egs said:
Caustic Burno":1lz94egs said:
Rafter S":1lz94egs said:
That show is one of my favorites too (along with Forged in Fire), but I haven't seen that episode and didn't know they were considered endangered.

Never met a Texas GW that wasn't a total A hole.

Never met one from any state that wasn't a total ahole.....ever seen one write anyone a "warning ticket"....didn't think so!

Ours do traffic stops up here now. Didnt used to. I was on my way to work one evening, doing 60 in a 55, he come opposite direction, flipped it around and pulled me over. Only thing that saved me, I was in my scrubs and badge on. He told me as much too. Said he didn't want to end up in the ER some night, and me remembering what a pr*ck he was. I asked about him doing traffic stops, he claims the state wanted them doing them for public safety.

THey are not endangered where I live, we have plenty of timber rattlers. Still not suppose to kill though.... Daughter came across one at a creek crossing. She is not afraid of snakes, but this one was well over 5 ft. She came to my house with a picture and I suggested we go get it. She said, NO you don't understand, this one was really big..... She took a picture and counted 18 rattles. I don't usually mess with the bigger snakes, but I really wanted to go see it. And, just before anyone comments, it was not shiny...lol....

Latest posts