Sounds cheap to me

Help Support CattleToday:

regolith":1npsnmwy said:
greybeard":1npsnmwy said:
She didn't even seem nervous walked around casually looked good and everything.

A Jersey? That right there /\ would give me reason to wonder what was wrong with her. Every Jersey I ever been around, (bull, steer or cow) wanted to take my head off.

If you treat them right, they'll treat you right. All of mine are as calm as you could wish... 'cept several of the granddaughters of one US bull.

You must have not treated them granddaughters right then.......

greybeard":y0a10dat said:
If you treat them right, they'll treat you right. All of mine are as calm as you could wish... 'cept several of the granddaughters of one US bull.

You must have not treated them granddaughters right then.......[/quote]

:lol2: :clap:

Dave":brlk08w3 said:
With dairy it really depends on quality. I see big differences in price at dairy sales. That and milk prices are dropping like a rock so I would be careful about buying dairy heifers right now.
Folks down here are getting $25.00 a hundred-weight for milk. Hasn't dropped any. With feed prices being down considerably they should be making a killing if the aren't servicing a lot of debt.

suzorse":3qk2q9zf said:
I would have bought her , but I am milking 3 right now , I do use a machine
it would also depend on the sale , if it is a general sale that is about right , straight dairy sale
springer Jerseys are bringing 2000 right now , there is an older guy buying up the bigger Jersey heifers
at the general sale then reselling as springer's at the dairy sale a couple hours away , I have seen him pay 8 to 900 a head for open heifers
Suzanne
You probably have some "GOOD" jersey cattle up that way. Most of what we have down here aren't much bigger than a jack rabbit. She worth about what they are asking for her and I wouldn't give that for her.

TexasBred":2t31hmjh said:
Dave":2t31hmjh said:
With dairy it really depends on quality. I see big differences in price at dairy sales. That and milk prices are dropping like a rock so I would be careful about buying dairy heifers right now.
Folks down here are getting $25.00 a hundred-weight for milk. Hasn't dropped any. With feed prices being down considerably they should be making a killing if the aren't servicing a lot of debt.

It was well over $25 here but I had a dairyman tell me they were off $3 last month and that the futures are screaming downward. I know that they were making a killing, probably still are making a lot but they all tell me that the crash is coming for them.

Dave":2drb2cgb said:
It was well over $25 here but I had a dairyman tell me they were off $3 last month and that the futures are screaming downward. I know that they were making a killing, probably still are making a lot but they all tell me that the crash is coming for them.
Yeah when it starts warming up and production falls off the co-op always looking out for your well being usually decides to begin lowering prices and raising hauling rates. :frowns:

Latest posts