Since country music is pretty much dead........

Help Support CattleToday:

My favorite as a kid was Jim Reeves; "Talking to your Heart" I think was the name of the album. I grew up with the more "smooth" country artists..... that's what my parents listened to. I never got into much rock.....
Gentleman Jim Reeves, Charlie Pride, Conway Twitty, Charlie Rich, Eddy Arnold, Glen Campbell, Bill Anderson some of the ole ones like Lefty Frizzell.... a couple more I can't remember ......Loved North to Alaska.... Johnny Horton......
I liked Tommy James and the Shondells....more of the "ballad" singers like Momma's and Pappas, couple others in high school.

My favorite as a kid was Jim Reeves; "Talking to your Heart" I think was the name of the album. I grew up with the more "smooth" country artists..... that's what my parents listened to. I never got into much rock.....
Gentleman Jim Reeves, Charlie Pride, Conway Twitty, Charlie Rich, Eddy Arnold, Glen Campbell, Bill Anderson some of the ole ones like Lefty Frizzell.... a couple more I can't remember ......Loved North to Alaska.... Johnny Horton......
I liked Tommy James and the Shondells....more of the "ballad" singers like Momma's and Pappas, couple others in high school.
Like Joan Baez as well

Country music today ain't even remotely country imo. I liked the stuff from the 80's and early 90's. Really liked the outlaw country stuff. Have some varied musical tastes as well, also liked some of the hard rock/heavy metal too. Today's rock music doesn't interest me at all just like the new country music.

Can't help you. Die hard rock, not just the classics. Fairly certain I was the token middle aged white woman wearing cowboy boots at the Shinedown concert.
I love Shinedown, and so does my wife. We, too, have seen them live in concert and felt a bit out of place with no tattoos and the like :)

Beyond the classics, growing up in Texas we listened to a lot of "red dirt" music. Some may call it Texas country, some say they're different. Idk, but it's got all the types I like within one genre... has neotraditional sounding folks, southern rockers, country blues etc. even has its own classics at this point.

some of the newer and more famous guys are Cody Jinks, Turnpike Troubadours, Aaron Watson, and Cody Johnson.

this is one of my all time favorites...

That's a good tune there,thanks for sharing.

It ain't dead. You are just looking ion the wrong places.
The part that saddens me is that we have to actually look for it these days. Once a music is born, I believe it will always exist somewhere, but I certainly miss the days when all one had to do was turn the radio on and there it was.

Latest posts