Rainfall vs president

Help Support CattleToday:

************* said:
NEFarmwife said:
************* said:
I don't know who Richnm is, never spoken to him, nor am I cheering him on. Everyone has the right on CT to make comments and most of the time those comments can pizz people off.

One thing is for sure, Richnm appears to me to be a person who is VERY WELL prepared for what life may throw at him. I'm sure his "future self" will thank him...by looking at those photos.

Yesterday I had 5 bulls semen checked, they have been sold, 2 this week, 3 last week. When the Vet did the tests, she commented "these boys are in fine shape, with lots of swimmers". I already knew that, but had to get the test done so the buyer had complete assurance. Yada yada! Moral of the story, the Vet told me that people had serious losses this winter and that a lot of calves were brought in for autopsy....the overwhelming verdict....NUTRITION!!! Go figure!!! You starve your cattle and they die, you starve your cows and the calves die. Rocket science; I know.

There are actually people that will put more effort and money in to fixing the problem rather than avoiding it.

People may get mad at Richnm, but I doubt he had big losses from malnutrition over the winter. Can't be upset y'all, he just planned better than others.

Just my opinion..

Might I ask WHO got upset with richnm about the amount of hay or planning he's done?

Do you see the problem people have with you? Like, where did you pull that from?

You sure are something! And it isn't delightful.

I thought it was you that gave him a stern warning about showing off his hay?

I told him to tread lightly about NEBRASKA hay. Nothing about his own.

And Richnm... that's great you planted all those oats. We just got done grinding what you have stored in your shed. Tough work isn't it? That lasts all of a few weeks. The work is endless.

NEFarmwife said:
Richnm said:
************* said:
My Mommas would love that! They are quite fond of alfalfa haylage. LOL! So are our bulls.
You can get it in Nebraska cheap!!!
Cheaper but not cheap.

We actually grow our own. Only thing purchased to feed our cattle is mineral, wet distillers when on stalks, and gluten.

But tread lightly my friend on Nebraska hay, the entire state is suffering right now and they are your fellow ranchers. Your ignorance is condescending.

I concur, a lot of hay has been shipped out of the western states to Nebraska. I've seen pictures of some of the aftermath and it's heart breaking and amazing. I saw one picture where it looked someone built a pivot right in the middle of a river. It's going to take years to reclaim much of that land.

CreekAngus said:
NEFarmwife said:
Richnm said:
You can get it in Nebraska cheap!!!
Cheaper but not cheap.

We actually grow our own. Only thing purchased to feed our cattle is mineral, wet distillers when on stalks, and gluten.

But tread lightly my friend on Nebraska hay, the entire state is suffering right now and they are your fellow ranchers. Your ignorance is condescending.

I concur, a lot of hay has been shipped out of the western states to Nebraska. I've seen pictures of some of the aftermath and it's heart breaking and amazing. I saw one picture where it looked someone built a pivot right in the middle of a river. It's going to take years to reclaim much of that land.

Yes. People are amazing! We've been fortunate with our hay/feed but many have not. We took the opportunity yesterday to get more hay home from fields that weren't accessible because of the saturated grounds. Spring has arrived (although snow is expected tomorrow) and our roads that are being repaired are going backwards with progress because of additional rain.

Some folks can't even get to their cows yet to feed them. Some haven't even been allowed back into their homes.

sim.-ang.king said:
Sounds like Branded had a child, or maybe richnm is Branded senior? :lol:

Nope don't know Branded . Sounds like you also don't feed your cows. You all get hurt

Look. I want everyone to have more money than me and more cows. I only have 70 commercial, and 30 registered. You all have better cows than me. Always had commercial cows that ate my left over hay. I am on CT to LEARN FROM YOU ALL.

Latest posts