Rainfall vs president

Help Support CattleToday:

Statefan62

Reaction score
Called a guy that does sire services A.I. work etc. he had president at his facility for the past two months and now has elation . Asked him what he thought of the president calves and he said I don't want to talk you out of anything but the rainfall calves are better. Plan on using both this spring to find out myself . Can there really be that big of a difference?

Statefan62 said:
Called a guy that does sire services A.I. work etc. he had president at his facility for the past two months and now has elation . Asked him what he thought of the president calves and he said I don't want to talk you out of anything but the rainfall calves are better. Plan on using both this spring to find out myself . Can there really be that big of a difference?

I don't have any Rainfall calves on the ground, but I do have President calves. They are the real deal, don't let anyone fool you. President calves are VERY NICE!

I will have Elation calves in the next few weeks, will be interesting to compare them to President

I just wish I would have known he was over there and I would have went and saw him in person. The only complaint he had was he thought the presidents weren't deep enough in the flank. I haven't seen any in person but there's a herd up here that's a continuation of SAV and he does a lot of work for them and that was his observations.

I have a President son that was born last September, he looks like "the boss" In fact he is gaining faster than my SAV International calves. I can't say enough good things about SAV President.

Statefan62 said:

Do you know where he was being collected at? It was my understanding that he was being collected at North American Breeders in Virginia.
That's where they take most of Herbster Bulls.

I haven't seen any rainfall progeny but the President bulls I have seen on video are a bit disappointing from a phenotype perspective. Not near as deep bodied as the Recharge sons and gsons in the same offering. I would they say the look a bit like Sitz Upward progeny.

That's interesting. I'd love to see these progeny videos. If there's one thing that I would say about the ones I've seen is that they are definitely deep bodied.
I would like to see what the cows were out of.
Wish I could make it to Schaffs this weekend to see them all in person.

DV Auctions. Video catalogue go to Hilltops Angus. President sons are lots 53 through 57. I am sure SAV will sell them quite well as they seem to have captivated the Angus seed stock world. I will predict in 5 years time we all will have forgotten about SAV President. Something newer and more better will have captivated us by then.

LCBulls said:
Statefan62 said:

Do you know where he was being collected at? It was my understanding that he was being collected at North American Breeders in Virginia.
That's where they take most of Herbster Bulls.

Yeah he's a guy here in central Iowa that does sire services.i can private message his name if you want. My guess is he's tied in with SAV that why he gets to collect on these bulls. I'll ask him next time I talk to him. He Had president for a few months and he just went back to North American and now he has elation over there . I think I'm going to try to make it over there and see what he looks like

If you want to see the sale you have to be there in person.

Need to change the title of the thread to:

President vs Raindance vs Rainfall

I think we left the one with possibly the best progeny off the list. I haven't used Rainfall but we really like the looks of the President and Raindance calves.

I am guessing here but I am guessing that Rainfall was the higher used bull this past breeding season.

I've seen all 3 and still a fan of Supercharger. Ha!

That being said, I did opt to sample some Rainfal embryos.

I'm liking our President calves but I'd say they're a hit or miss on uniformity. A few other sires we've used seem to spit out calves that let you know that IS bull "A" progeny.

President might be good for show steer prospects?

NEFarmwife said:

I'm liking our President calves but I'd say they're a hit or miss on uniformity. A few other sires we've used seem to spit out calves that let you know that IS bull "A" progeny.

I would have to respectfully disagree with your comments on President. There is no mistaking his calves in our operation. The massive rear gives them away.

************* said:
NEFarmwife said:

I would have to respectfully disagree with your comments on President. There is no mistaking his calves in our operation. The massive rear gives them away.

How many calves do you got on the ground? I have 229 as of yesterday, 30 of which are President.

I have 4, a far cry from 30, but those 4 are very consistent. They have Angus Source tests on them as well.

As of today, Angus Association shows that there are 63 registered, DNA proven progeny. You have 1/2 of the President's genomic proven progeny?

************* said:
I have 4, a far cry from 30, but those 4 are very consistent. They have Angus Source tests on them as well.

As of today, Angus Association shows that there are 63 registered, DNA proven progeny. You have 1/2 of the President's genomic proven progeny?

I said absolutely nothing of them being purebred angus, nor toughted that they were genomicly tested. I said "calves"... babies. Under 2 months old. I'm speaking from more than 7x the amount of calves on the ground.

It's ok to disagree with me. I didn't say I didn't like them. I can't say, I wouldn't use him again. I'm just saying he's a hit or miss. And I didn't buy him again when making my Ai selections for spring.

For our PB operation, we didn't use but one straw of President on that herd. He didn't stick.

Nice, I think that's cool that you invested that much on your commercial herd. You must have bred around 50-60 straws of President.
I don't think many commercial cattleman would do that on Semen that is sold at a premium.
It does kind of surprise me that you didn't use him on your Registered herd.

Anyone get on the list for SAV America?

Latest posts