New bull time

Help Support CattleToday:

Liked the first bulls as well. I got 5 cows and a budget.

I'll update after a while....

Edited to add
Yearling tested good. Pure bred, no papers. He's got 5 cows to service. I figure he will grow into it. Look forward to seeing how he does.
He was cheap. Only has 3 legs.....
😄🤣😄🤣😝😝😝
20240510_194548.jpg20240510_194645.jpg
Hahah!! Nahh.....
20240510_194702.jpg20240510_194654.jpg
Forgot to say. He weighs 1150lbs.
$2350

Last edited:
Liked the first bulls as well. I got 5 cows and a budget.

I'll update after a while....
The first one looks good. Number 2 might be too, but hard to tell without a better side shot.

Five cows and you're buying a bull? With that few I'd be synchronizing them and choosing 5 different AI bulls to breed them to.

The first one looks good. Number 2 might be too, but hard to tell without a better side shot.

Five cows and you're buying a bull? With that few I'd be synchronizing them and choosing 5 different AI bulls to breed them to.
Updated last post.
I wish a.i was an option. It's a long story but that's why there is only 5 cows at the moment.

I agree, with @gcreekrch ... he is not perfect but I have seen alot worse... Get the cows bred, give him a little time to mature...
We just sold that gelbvieh that had the scrotal hernia... weighed 1600 and brought over 2100 after commissions. Let yours grow a little, he might look better too... but you ought to get back your money with some added weight that he will gain and grow with the summer grass.. if you decide to turn him over in the fall....

Thanks guys!

Those big fine bulls only went for $4000
There was a couple others I bid on. Some of them I didn't like the amount of sheath they had. Or something else didn't seem just quite right. The red one went within budget, but he seemed like he wanted to do whatever he wanted to do (if that makes sense) just seemed like he was a troublemaker.

It's been fun!

Thanks again everyone! I truly appreciate ya'll helping thru this mess.

Like the others say, I think you did all right under the circumstances. I have done similarly several times over the years. In each case I got the cows bred and actually made a little money on the bull after he had grown out on summer grass.
Lately, I have bought off the farm where I could see the herd he came from and have more confidence in the background of the bull and the type of calves he could produce.
Still, best of luck, it is always fun looking forward to the next year's calves.

With those back feet I would flip him come fall and watch for something to come through from a place needing new blood in the herd. Glad you finally got the bull you needed.
Yep! I don't like his back feet either! Biggest single complaint on him I think.

I turned him out today and he went right to work. I think he checked em all at least twice.
20240511_160802.jpg
See them milk teeth? He's still very young.
20240511_160809.jpg
I did not realize just how big this eared cow had gotten. Need to get her sold while the money is good.
20240511_160910.jpg20240511_161101.jpg20240511_161123.jpg
Aside from those dang rear feet, I think I'd like him a lil bit. He's liable to put on some condition even with a missing tooth and only 6 cows there. (1 needs sold, she let the coyotes eat her calf)

O hey...
Named him after @Warren Allison
🤣🤣🤣
20240511_144958.jpg
Flies were taken care of while he was in the chute too. All gone by the time he got home.

Last edited:

Latest posts